Placement and ladder issues

I assume by now everyone has experienced the ladder and ranking issues i.e. having 2400 MMR and being Master III. Or perhaps your MMR is 3000 and you’re stuck in bronze grinding away. Everyone who still plays this game has more than likely been around for some time. My buddies and I are noobs, we play and fight our own little battles and have good conversations about theory craft etc. However this issue is persistent, and not seeing the correct response from the last intern left at Blizzard/activision this deserves. Is there anyway this can be bumped, kept in the spotlight and brought to the attention of said intern to get this finally resolved? Or will it forever be “just look at MMR and grind away” I feel having little things to work towards and be confident in the system is important for a game and rank structure like SC2. Thanks lads

18 Likes

This is disgrace that prestigious rank such as master is being given to starting players with no idea what is happening in game…

3 Likes

It will be like this forever just as it has for 2020, 2021, and now 2022

1 Like

I know my Gold tier play style says master III lol

1 Like

I was wondering about that. I hadn’t played in a while and was placed in Bronze with 2900 MMR… my first thought was “I guess its just the Diamond and above players left, so on a curve I’m at back at Bronze?”

Not that it matters much. My games are matching me with players +/- 150 MMR.

1 Like

Hey Gang,

I have the same problem for ranking issues. Just today I had players just quit,hang up during the gameplay to cheat, and give up during the matches. That hurts other players like me to finish up the teams when it is so close of finished it. I hope Blizzard writes a program about anticheating software soon.

Walter Chow​:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:.

Ya… 2800 MMR here, just got placed against this poor sap with 1800 mmr… And the game before that was some dude at 3300, I won both games, 3300 was only because he messed up and I happened to catch his army out and moving killing 20% before he reacted, 1800 was a roflstomp and I don’t really feel good beating on some one that much lower MMR… Please, Microsoft, fix this for Blizzard? PLEASE?!?

Oh, and the game has me in “bronze” too… and both of my opponents were in ‘master’ roflmao, HOW?!?

This bug has been going on for years I dont know if they actually plan on fixing it.

2 Likes

Hey Gang,

My whole rank ladder is broken and the players are mismatched all the time. No fix. What the heck???. I think the whole SC2 games should be free to play including other campgains. Nothing is working.:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:.

Walter Chow

Hey Gang,

Nothing is working today

Walter Chow

This issue seems to be happening again. I am 2800+ MMR, finished last season Platinum 3 (one win away from Platinum 2) and was placed into Bronze with the new season. Blizzard, please fix as many of us work hard to get to (and stay in) the leagues we are in. It’s demoralizing. Thanks!

We’re getting close to two years of people being incorrectly marked as Masters or Bronze. A lot of us were hoping that the server fixes earlier in the year addressed this but there was no way to know since Blizzard rarely speaks about SC2 beyond brief patch notes or the occasional community manager jumping in.

Seriously, what does it take for someone to even tell us what we can expect to be addressed?

2 Likes

This seems to be affecting all platinum players right now. Everybody I have played against near my MMR is placed in Bronze. Blizzard, I get that SC2 isn’t your priority anymore but it still has a huge player base and this is incredibly frustrating. Please fix!

1 Like

Moreover, masters badge is now totally spoiled by a bunch of bronze-plat players. And completely lost its value.
It’s better to have diamond badge, because it wasn’t affected by the bug, and still legit.

1 Like

Hey Gang,

Are u guy’s feeling frustrated on the league placements. Same here everybody. Get in line. It’s here for 3 years. I think Blizzard should give us something. Boy everybody like playing right now. Haha​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:.

Walter Chow

1 Like

This is frustrating. I ended the season plat 3 yet promos were locked so I got gold (again). Got placed in bronze with my 2838 MMR and I can’t get out no matter how many I win or play. I tried leaving league a few times and it never works. I want to git gud and get to diamond and more eventually but I just can’t in this new season except for the “mmr”. Gimme that shiny border already.

2 Likes

Amen. This honestly makes me not even want to play ranked anymore. My entire motivation is to climb the ladder and get promoted into higher leagues. Without that, I would just play unranked for fun.

2 Likes

Thats kinda sad tbh. I long for a time when quick-game-ranked didnt exist and we just made our own games in the lobby.

But then again, there´s a reason every AAA title implements it, it does keep people hooked. The fact that they havent done anything about this bug for years now just indicates that they as a company have moved away from this game.

Had Blizzard not been bought by Activision and then by Microsoft things would have been different.

1 Like

Does this ever get fixed mid-season? This is absurd that I gained 100 MMR this season and should be in Gold 2 but now I’m in “Bronze 1” until i hit 2940 MMR… like what?

None of it makes sense at all, I placed in Silver 1 but I’m guessing to actually get there you’d need a Masters MMR xD

Hello Everybody,

Probably not. Everyone must get frustrated like us all the way till 2024 season​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:.

Walter Chow

1 Like