Phoenix are so busted in 2v2 that

It’s now becoming common for opposing protoss players to agree at the start of game to not mass phoenix.

1 Like

In P+XvP+X, your only answer is Archons or more Phoenix or getting range before your opponent does with slightly less Phoenix.

Yep. It’s very sad. :frowning:

1 Like

It’s busted, but possible to counter. The problem comes when your second opponent is Terran. Even worse when they are a premade team. If you execute the mass tank/phoenix strategy decently, you get free master rank. Guaranteed.

1 Like

Only if you are above platinum

Below platinum carriers are OP

Lol

2 Likes

Yeah it’s such a brain dead, low skill strat, even a bronze player could make masters with it.

1 Like

Cannon Rush is the same. It is by far the most broken teams strategy if it is coupled with 12p or 3 Rax Reap.

1 Like

have you considered building turrets and making mariners?

1 Like

I find mass muta more annoying in team games but that’s just me.

1 Like

Have you considered that both players making static D allows the phoenix player to mass expand and go 5 gate carrier and push with 2-2 + guardian shield and solo your team?

You can go muta vs phoenix? News at 12.

Sorry, maybe I’m stupid, but if going mass Phoenix, where is the spare money for mass expanding coming from?

dude me and my friend are master 1 for 2v2 we just make mass marine and build tanks every game. just build turrets, if the other team is turtling mass expand same way you deal with mech in 1v1.

in team games i like to go 211 without the starport and make siege tanks out of the factory, it is super solid because of how many people like to all in, and works well vs all 3 races

so far our biggest loss streak was when we kept qing vs ANOTHER double terran team and we got destroyed roughly 2-4, but more often we lose to cheeses

1 Like

Pure Phoenix builds are bottlenecked by gas only, it floats crazy minerals.

1 Like

Everytime i see 2v2 balance post i laugh. Blizzard doesn’t care about 1v1. Why do you think he cares about 2v2 scrubs ??? :smiley: They as incompetent as it gets dude… You can forget that…

Yea, a good investment would be to use the extra minerals for expansion, static defenses and Zealot runbys (that will clear as a bonus the turrets opening the way for Phenixes).

1 Like

An even better investment is to send those minerals to your terran ally to pump tier 1 marines that have ground upgrades.

That’s what I do!

1 Like

LOL, you are right, did not think about that. Sometimes i play Coop (Verazun) and my partner allows me to mine one of his gases (depending on the commander).

1 Like

7-rax no gas rine rush is deadly. Make sure get the orbital. It will hit before he gets enough pheonix.