Petition to add stimpack boost to the game permanently

let’s face it, co-op is the most famous game mode in sc2 - it’s the only game where i dump my cash (besides wow sub) So i was thinking, why not add back stimpacks to level your heroes faster? that would be dope, i dont mind buying 1 year worth of stimpack. thoughts?

3 Likes

Would be nice for those on the grind, but the chances of it are near zero.

1 Like

I’m not sure coop is actually the most popular anymore. Blizzard never releases numbers, and what numbers we do have is from when it was released and everyone was trying it out.

That being said, the cost to have someone come in and reimplement the stim pack, budget for advertising, and cost to process any transactions may not be worth it. How many people actually play sc2 coop now? What percentage of players would buy it? (For F2P models, it’s a very small percentage) and how many players would actually benefit from it now? Most players still playing after all this time have got whatever commanders they want leveled up.

And of course, with Activision Blizzard being Activision Blizzard, they ain’t going to do something good for the players unless there’s a wide profit margin.

Not that I disagree, but to be fair, any multinational conglomerate would do the same.

1 Like

AFAIK, Coop peaked around 2018.

Probably true, but “most famous” still pales in comparison to their bigger fish. Namely… Diablo 2: Resurrection, Diablo: Immortal, Diablo 4, and Overwatch 2.

I wouldn’t have minded throwing Blizz some $$ (even though I’ve already leveled up all prestiges, and in no hurry to reach lv1K). However, I’d rather save my $$ for actual content at this point :x If I knew the money would go to support Sc2 Coop stuff, then definitely. $60 to $120 for a year’s of XP boost would be nice!

Not all, some are smart enough to understand that not everything has to return epic big mega money. It’s good to have a diverse portfolio, especially when the cost to diversify your revenue streams is negligible.

As long as it stay optionnal. I really don’t want to level up my commanders faster. I have fun to prestige all the new commanders I got (the others are already prestige maxed). And to finally reach level 90.

After that, there will be less rewarding, but at least, I still get the chance to level up and unlock achievements, and I prefer to keep it that way so that every time I play, I get some kind of little reward. And since I always come back to play, I hope to not be maxed before long, because once maxed, it would feel more boring to get nothing at all, no feeling of progression anymore.

Agreed, at this point on the balance I think it would make them more money

But they have to pay the dev too :joy: