Petition to Add Maguro Mutators

Maguro has created a ton of custom mutators that you can play using his maps in the arcade.

Not all of these mutators will make the game harder, but they certainly change up how you play (and also they’re fun, which should be all that matters). They’re better designed than current mutators in terms of being less frustrating (many of them, anyway).

Here are a couple

• Level Playing Field: All weapons and spells (allied and enemy) can hit ground and air. This has some very entertaining interactions like colossi murdering all the air units and Vikings attacking ground while in fighter mode.
  • Supreme Commander: All massive/heroic units (allied and enemy) are larger and have extra health, all non-massive/heroic units are smaller and have less health. All units get extra range. On one hand, splash is much more valuable, but you also need more single target dps for heroic units.
  • Endurance: Everything on the map has 3x hp/shields. Ok so maybe this isn’t a super well-designed mutator but it makes things interesting, and a lot of people are asking for a just straight hp buff mutator that doesn’t scale absurdly with zerg.
  • Great Wall: Enemy will attempt to build static defense everywhere. This can include special structures like khaydarin monoliths, planetaries, and bile launchers.
    This one is just ridiculous. It’s a blanket difficulty increase in an interesting way. Hard to describe. Play it for yourself.

If we do away with the idea that brutal+ is just supposed to be harder, and instead is “weird and exciting” for experienced players, we can have dumb stuff like this

15 Likes

Nothing wrong with adding them.

I support it, especially if it makes mutations interesting.

1 Like

Does co-op Team knows the existence of Maguro? If so they should write to him.

2 Likes

The man is a myth, a legend if you will.

They only hear whispers of M, but usually takes the prophecies that came to pass seriously. Although, it seems despite the obvious clues to said prophecies (Bug Hunt), many still remain with the game, to date.

1 Like

I would really like to see great wall added and the improvements the usual suspects makes over the hfts mutator.

He’s their official-unofficial free QA team.

4 Likes

Mengsk’s Dogs of War unit tooltips say they’re zerg taken from the Maguro Brood.

So yes they’re very well aware of him.

1 Like

Considering that they implemented many of his suggestions, from bug fixes to the very concept of the mutator safety zones, I’d say that they are aware of his existence.

Past co-op patches literally consisted of nothing but changes proposed by Maguro, after all.

1 Like

Thank you for making me aware of these, along with his maps. I was trying to figure out a way to conveniently play the co op maps solo, and here it is! Plus awesome new mutators! Love it.

1 Like

I like the sound of level playing field, but only if Amon gets this ability. It’d be too easy to exploit this with Dark Templars, Abrogators, etc.

I’m in for this petition :smiley: