Patch did nothing to fix mass carriers in Masters

Can we please get some competent people on the “Balance Team”. Like cmon. Protoss can still sit in their base behind mass cannon carrier and drag out the game until a 200/200 carrier a-move. There is literally nothing you can do about it. Are they trying to kill what remains of the playerbase in this game? I don’t get it. Who cares if corruptors target Carriers when 6 voids and the carriers will clear out 50+ corruptors without micro.

When will you get it through your thick skulls? Pro players don’t play the easy ladder strategies because they involve sitting for 30-40min each match. Joe Bob doesn’t care if he spends two hours farting around behind cannon/battery.

2 Likes

Because they reverted most of the carrier nerfs.

Hey, you leave Joe Bob briggs out of this, he did nothing to you.

Considering that the changes were made in discussion with pro-players and GM streamers, I doubt that their game knowledge is worse than yours.

3 Likes

Crying about Carriers in this Patch Just makes you a Baby.
Git gud

1 Like

Thought I embarrassed you two so badly in the last debate that you and Kelthar decided to leave.

What are you talking about? I haven’t spoked to you for a month or 2.

Yeah, I thought you 3 left (you, Sentry, and Kelthar).

?? I was here all the time making fun of Techbatz and his math skills. I am pretty sure, I’ve seen theirs posts recently too.

We have proven your mental gymnastics wrong multiple times and even the dumbest people can see that your points are so wrong but we simply dont bother anymore.

Have you heard about the story about playing chess with a pigeon?
Like a pigeon you squawk the same old bs arguments around like no tomorrow. Like anyone would care about your opinion anyway.

The carrier changes were to help protoss players engage with stalkers. That is the unit that got the biggest benefit from the priority change.

They dont have game knowledge between the skill levels of diamond and 5.5k GM. None of these “balance” team members do. Thats the problem. They’re so out of touch with the rest of the players in this game.

Well, if they listen to some suggestions posted on that forum, the game will be in a way worse troubles than it currently is.

1 Like

Highly doubt it. Tons of players here and on reddit have come up with tons of ways to easily fix the game. Instead we get minor changes that in the end did NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to change the meta. Carriers still extremely overpowered in masters/GM. Mech is still extremely overpowered in Masters/GM. Its literally all the players play. Protoss players refuse to do anything other than amoving a clump of units and pressing storm/disruptor and still getting to Grandmaster.

Same with Mech. Skytoss/Mech literally killed this game. Everyone complains about Zerg but whats all the low level (up to 5.5k GM) players doing EVERY game? MECH AND SKYTOSS. No one wants to play vs that sh** every game, which is why nearly everyone but tournament viewers have left this dumpster fire of a game. Now all Zergs do is sit in their base and mass Lurker/Hydra because its the only two units they have that work in the late game. So all THREE matchups are bunk and boring.

1 Like

As a protoss I can’t say anything about mech, but I would really wonder why would you mass hydra lurkers against someone who is just sitting in his base? Wouldn’t it make more sense to mass broodlords and simply breakthrough?

As in case of skytoss, the reason for going into the sky is very simple – the ground army sucks, not that it is weak, but mass banelings and mass lurkers are simply destroying the ground army in the seconds. Which is why protoss prefer to go into the air, making zergs suffer instead of themselves. There were a lot of suggestions to fix that problem, such as remove 5 hp from banelings, so that storms could actually kill them and not leaving them with few hp’s. But as long as nothing is done in that direction, protoss will still go into the air and zergs will not agree on these nerfs.

So for me the issue of pvz is that if protoss plays ground – he suffers, if protoss plays sky - zerg suffers.

3 Likes

…No, there are plenty of other units that benefit. Particularly any anti-air unit that isn’t specifically ordered to focus-fire–Although, I am fairly certain that other Terran players already focus-fire like I do.

I’m fairly certain the OP is just incompetent.

The carrier fix, per the patch notes was to deal with corruptors in mass skytoss situations, are you dense?

Also, if Im so incompetent then why can I get to Masters 2 and you can get…LOL gold league. Yea, talk about incompetent.

1 Like

And Corruptors do beat mass Skytoss, as long as you aren’t far behind on upgrades, and you control your units properly.

I don’t play ranked to begin with. I’m just not interested in playing competitively, and that goes for the vast majority of games that I play.

The fact remains that you have the tools to deal with Carriers. Your inability to use them is incompetence.

Voidrays beat corruptors. Corruptors is the only unit that beats carriers in a straight up fight. If you werent watching IEM at all the past few days you would see how terrible Zerg is vs Skytoss. All you need is 5-6 voids with your mass Carrier army and your’e set for a near zero micro a-move end game army. Please stop replying to me with your gold level information. Get good kid.

Omg like in paper just a viper will work against a move skytoss just casting para bomb atleast