Overlord Invisibility

No way for me to post a screenshot or I’d demonstrate, but every regular player should know what I’m talking about anyway.

On (probably) every league map, there are places near the opponent’s base an Overlord can park itself and gain immediate invisibility to ground units.

For a long time I tolerated this novelty, but today I’m calling it out as being inconsistent with the realistic physics the game is supposedly going for.

I just got out of a match where I was chasing down an Overlord with a Marine in one of these situations, and it hid over a nearby inaccessible high ground.

There is no realistic way it can simply disappear from view like that. This is something the game needs to fix or it’s just a cheesy early scout strategy to exploit.

Blizzard knows Zerg is doing it. All races get the benefit, but Zerg gets it early. This isn’t balanced. I say end it. It isn’t believable at all.

This is more of a suggestion than a bug as what you’re describing is intended as part of making the maps.

Since the development team doesn’t collect feedback from the Bug Report forum, you’ll want to post this in the General Dicussion forum so that it can be seen by those who can take it into consideration.

1 Like

Zerg needs the scouting information. The pillars are there on purpose. If zerg can’t scout, they will fall to cheese or weird builds. The overlords are there for the beginning and then creep spread will help them mid - late game. So no, this will not get removed and it shouldn’t be removed ever! I hope you see it from their perspective. Try to see both sides.