Oracles on Vorazun P2

Going mass Dark Archons is (at least what I consider) one of the hardest meme/niche builds for Vorazun. As it requires far more things for the player to balance, which include proper macro, decent micro, positioning, energy balance, and top bar balance. Even more so off of 12workers (naturally).

As P2, I would not recommend anyone to go straight to Dark Archons with the above confidence level. That usually lands the player in a “I have next to no presence in early game, now I have 2 Dark Archons in early-mid… what to do now with my few Confusions and next to melee range…” :joy:

Centurions on P2 help gap that a lot. The only people who should skip them are those who knows enough of paragraph 1, imo of course. Otherwise, you become that dumb dumb who wants to look flashy but just looks silly.

1 Like

Really, even if going P2 DA, there’s no reason not to get Centurions as part of your army. Mass DA floats a ton of minerals after all.

Only reason people don’t normally make them with Vorazun is cause they body block the DTs.

1 Like

Oh, Centurions as a mineral sink and capability gap filler was absolutely assumed sorry!

To rephrase: Centurion+DA turned me off P2. I think on offensive maps that Centurion+Corsair+Oracle is generally stronger. Can definitely add some DAs and/or DTs in the mid/late game depending on needs.

1 Like

Didn’t mean to imply anything, if that was part of it. Was just talking in general, in relation to what you said.

Part of the air-only issue with any CO is the enemy running away too fast (since there’s no target). So definitely, centurions with air would be better. Compared to centurion + DA, I think another part of that is what Rick mentioned about body blocking. While zealot-like units + archons is definitely a thing… even in ladder it is definitely an issue.

Either way, everyone is in agreement that Centurions is often overlooked.

1 Like

I’d argue mineral dumps in general are overlooked, definitely had debates on the value of them around here, never understood the reasoning of “well, they’ll die anyway, so why make them?”

Case by case I think.

For instance, in most cases non-P2 Centurions can definitely be skipped along with Karax Zealots, Dehaka Ravasaurs and Abathur Roaches (except for UE). While Karax aren’t so bad and do have some niche uses the rest can actually have negative affects on DPS (by body blocking or stealing Biomass etc).

Other mineral dumps can be strong for particular builds (marines) or against particular comps (firebats).

P2 Centurions are great though and create great energy conservation as if the Black Hole runs out before a Hybrid Dominator dies you can rely on them to stun lock it rather than worrying about it getting a Plasma Blast off.

Yeah, granted my comment was pretty reductive, but those are good reasons not to make them

1 Like

I agree in general. That particular line of reasoning would not make sense to me either. Although I can see reasons behind not getting them.

For me, when you min max enough, there’s rarely an instance (except in late game). The general mineral dump wouldn’t apply at all since I’d have no mineral to dump. And dumping them would give me a surplus gas, then render me unable to get that extra (Tempest, Voidray, Colossus, etc. as examples) for quite some time.

I am, of course, an exception (no intentions to brag at all). As I don’t expect people to play 12workers. In fact, I expect people to play 2-base as intended. As such, there’s absolutely always a mineral surplus by midgame (for most COs).

1 Like

Right, exactly, with no other reason to make them, the point of mineral dumps is to simply use excess minerals for something. Obviously, this should include making more production structures as well.

So, if one balances their production to not need them, then it’s not a concern. Same, once you start maxing out there’s no reason to make them, since their reason to be around is gone now.

But in general, unless there’s an overriding reason not to (such as biomass with Abathur, or afore mentioned body blocking), I’m much the advocate for them. It’s just wasted hit point and dps if you have the minerals sitting in the bank all game, after all.

1 Like