One week later, Blizzard is still silent

I just want to make sure that everyone is aware that blizzard couldnt care less about this. Theyre taking days to address tickets with automated responses, nor have they even acknowledged that there is even a problem. Meanwhile, the forums are flooded with threads that not only address the issue, but also say who the perpetrators are.

At this point, they probably don’t even care

4 Likes

Oh, but Blizzard will care when their forced to send representatives to a court room to testify on my behalf of the identity of the perpetrator, who shall be sued for destruction of property (data) being forced to pull the plug on my entire desktop.

Only to prevent massive fines. Until that happens, here we are

I feel like you have a poor grasp on how, well, everything works.

There is no version of this where you see any legal action against these people for you accidentally deleting your own data.

2 Likes

There is. You get the identity from Blizzard via a judicial order, then you sue the individual in civil court, for 1 dollar, for destruction of intellectual property. I hope he lives really far away from my jurisdiction.

They didn’t destroy your property. You did.

1 Like

Judicial order on what grounds? That a hack appeared in the world of computers? You need an open court case to even request one, and youre going to need a ton of money to get to that point. Plus good luck finding anyone to take your case once you tell them what happened. Come on, drop your legal knowledge facade already. Those who have been through it can see right through you.

Trying convincing a court of that.

``Your honor, even though I wrote a malicious program that froze people’s computers, and forced them to shut down and restart their computers to recovery, it’s still is fault for shutting down his computer and losing his own data."

It’s why I want him in a courtroom. Time to set an example.

On the grounds of cyber crime.

You know what he’s doing is a crime, correct?

Or should I say, you know YOU’RE doing is a crime, correct? Because right now, you seem to be the perpetrator based on how defensive you are in both threads.

A cybercrime against someone else, not you. Remember, youre the one that killed your data. They arent going to grant you an order for that. And Im aware of whats going on could be a crime.

But that all means nothing now, with you twice trying to dodge my points by your redirection attempts with this “youre defensive = involved” nonsense. First, ive made no claims as to the perpetrator or what they are doing, defensive or not. Second Ive only been questioning and correcting your lack of understanding about the courts, nothing defensive in that. Meaning, at every turn where youre cornered with a counterargument, you instead make up what ever you can to avoid the counterarguments and keep your head above water. Youre relegating youself to the likes of abs with that behavior.

1 Like

Im so glad i made a thread about this. Now we have two people bickering like an old married couple.

Sorry, guys

3 Likes

The game is working now. Unnecessary arguments over pointless assumptions have no positive impact on anything at any time. Those two can quit pulling each other’s puds, quit being part of the problem, and go play now.

Just curious if others are experiencing the same.

Ive noticed that its been off and on, as if they are unable to leave their games running 24/7. From what ive noticed, peek times seem to be around 1-3am (Eastern Daylight Savings Time)

Also, support told me that the only way we could get infected is if we clicked on any links. The way I understand it, their claims are just to increase terror because theyre so butthurt about Smith banning them from his game because they were lagswitching (aww, meanie developer didn’t let you cheat? Poor baby). They want to seem bigger than they are.

Even still, caution is the watchword. If anyone notices anything beyond the ordinary, speak up either here or in the subreddit, so we may know too

4 Likes

Hi, could someone explain to me what happened? I just learned about some kind of malicious event

Short answer; clicking on the “custom” tab froze your game and forced you to kill it through the task manager.

Not certain on the details but it was apparently caused by a vulnerability in the game’s coding with how custom maps were uploaded and certain data points; something that was, apparently, exploited by someone throwing a hissy-fit over getting banned from an arcade game by the game’s dev because they were proven to be cheating.

1 Like