This has been posted in a few threads on Reddit by Blizz_Elliot. I didn’t see anything on these forums so I thought I’d share the official statement on the patch.
“The team is fully aware of the feedback and will have an update in the next couple weeks. I’ll share here once we are ready to give specifics!”
Also “Been a crazy few months with BlizzCon but now that we’re on the other side the plan is for better communication coming to you all moving forward.”
We’ll see what those “specifics” are. Kantuva from the TeamLiquid Map Contests has also made some posts regarding some new Discord servers that were recently created to collect and summarize feedback on.
2 Likes
Interesting. I guess we’ll see something soon.
We probably will, but I doubt it will be good.
Since when a Reddit post from someone (I can very well create an account there and name myself “Blizzard_Media_Rep”) is authoritative and becomes a reference even in Blizzard’s own public forum?
No. If nothing is here, anything on Reddit or anywhere 3rd party place that is not a Blizzard officially recognized place, will be a pile of dung. Possibly, probably, some kind of prank too.
I dig it. I will give Zerg infested Terran for a chance to play with cheap cyclone again.
I wasn’t around for infested terran the first time around.
Blizz_Elliot is a legitimate account belonging to a Blizzard employee. The same person made the announcement that map publishing had been enabled again. But yeah, it’s unfortunate that Blizzard officials use social platforms like Reddit instead of the official forums to make statements.
Protoss has been OP for a long time. Zerg too.
Terran still needs a boost. 
1 Like
Forget it, I asked a simple question in the other thread and became hostile… wow
Not everyone here on the forums is here to attack you…
Zerg got a boost from the reduced Larva Spawn time.
Protoss got nothing.
Terran only got a decrease in CC cost to 300, so not too much — definitely not like Zerg.
In conclusion Terran need a boost !
No, just forget it, your just so hostile to anyone who asks evens legitimate question, never mind…
Geez
1 Like
Now I’ve mentioned the major changes. Sure, there are more, and you can go into more detail if you want, but the major ones are: Zerg got faster Larva production, while Terran’s CC cost was reduced by 100 minerals.

This is because lowering the worker count from 12 to 8 caused Zerg larva to not work out and cause far too many instant-lose catch 22s because the swiftness of the expansion and Queen were why Zerg production didn’t have problems with the 12 worker start, which is not true at 8 workers.
The -100 mineral cost on the CC is a very significant cost change, because unlike P/Z, Terran can build their expansion on the high ground in safety, which means that it doesn’t expose and therefore carry more risk. But Terran needed some amount of this boosted expansion speed because Zerg would instantly outpace it after the larva issue fix/buff.
Protoss, however, did not need dramatic help, because (1) Chrono Boost is quite meaningful and unlike the other two races, Protoss gains an extra Chrono Boost compared to the 12 worker start because the Nexus regenerates energy by default. Decreasing worker count increases the amount of time where the Nexus is working and the other races’ macro mechanics aren’t; and (2) post Warp-Gate research fast Gateway production means Protoss can skimp on their Gateway count and feed that money into an expansion because you need 2 training gateways instead of 3-4 warp gates to produce the units you need.
how on earth can you say this with a straight face when protoss got nothing is right there. how. lol
i mean i play mostly protoss and i don’t think it needs big help the way t/z did need big help (that they got)
“in conclusion” only makes sense if you have an argument – there’s no argument, you listed three facts and a brief opinion.
1 Like
Everything seems to come down to Terran vs. Zerg.
So are you saying that you think the latest changes were good?
Very few people seem to think that the worker and economic changes from 5.0.16 were good.
If so, then why are you arguing with me about it?
I was simply pointing out the major changes. If you agree that the latest changes weren’t good, then what exactly are you arguing against?
Or is this just a lecture because I’m a newer forum user?
Well, that’s stupid, the game has three races, so any conversation that doesn’t have all three is immediately bad and wrong.
No. I hate them. The eight worker start feels off and clunky and I can’t get things to line up so building at the start of the game, taking my natural; it just is all off in a way that’s quite blech.
But they are reasonably well formed, part A and part B make sense contextually as a combination.
You did not make a statement saying that the latest changes are bad. You said Terran needs a boost.
I do not agree with that. I fundamentally do not think the game – well, before 5.0.16 – was sufficiently imbalanced or awkward that most big changes would be a good idea.
1 Like