Nuclear Launch Detected not being stated anymore

Don’t know if this was an intended feature to further overpower Terran but I have several replays were the “Nuclear Launch Detected” notification is not being said.

Blizz I know your balance team favors Terran and has completely ruined the game making all finals TvZ, but could you please let us know if this is a bug or working as intended?

pls post replay somehow i doubt it.

h ttps://drop.sc/replay/20745304

It has been happening a lot, here is the latest game I played where it happened.

Fast Forward to the end of the game with 1 minute left. He launches a nuke and I don’t hear the warning go off at all.

Watched replay several times and it never states it.

You need to watch the replay from your perspective to hear this…

16:39 Nuclear Launch detected . And you were seeing the ghost lmao

When I complained about toss I must say I did much better than this terran maybe a whole diff level. It was ludicrous he let you do so much with one pylon and few zealots

terrans: never waste time reaper to kill pylon go straight to base (esp when it is not to cannon rush you)

Recently, I was playing an Arcade map, but the lines of the Hybrid I controlled got on my nerves, so I cut response sounds.
Then later, I got lazy, and played various games with the option still disabled, and was surprised to see that even advisors sounds (like “not enough minerals”) and stuff got cut off.
Maybe you disabled it too at some point?

https://imgflip.com/i/61ezgz

Wow, this is why the forums are toxic and the trolls come out.

This isn’t a post about balance or a post about build order or ANYTHING of that matter.

I simply stated there is a BUG in the game where the “Nuclear Launch Detected” notification DOES NOT COME OUT ANYMORE and was wondering if this is an actual bug or if this is as intended by the blizzard balance team.

Yet here we are and people are commenting about my build order, how the game went, etc etc etc.

First off, I am the ONLY poster who post replays of things to prove what happened. Secondly, all you posters just love to flame and troll for no reason other than self gratification.

Champ you are the worst troll of them all as well:
*Obviously you don’t know how to read
*I am WAY better than you at this game
*Your profile is hidden which indicates you are low level bronze or have been banned for cheating, so because of this you need to make yourself feel better by commenting on someone’s play style even though you are hot garbage yourself.

You guys are serious losers and need to READ what the post is about in the first place.

The ONLY person who actually commented something helpful was Undead.

As for your comment, I checked the settings and everything is still on. The notification of nuclear launches does not come out all the time and I have been noticing it more and more. Every now and then it does go off though.

It’s kind of beautiful in a destructive way.

AGAIN! This is NOT a post about balance! Why in the **** are you talking about my playstyle? Damn Trolls I swear to god…and who the hell are you to criticize me when you’re in bronze??

My sound setting has NOT been changed, where in the hell is there an option to turn off the “Nuclear Launch Detected” setting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

And if there is a so-called setting then is it turned off on your system too when you watch the replay? Cause it CLEARLY SHOWS THAT THE NOTIFICATION NEVER WENT OFF!!!

So I ask again, is this a bug or is this something the balance team wanted to add as a new feature?

1 Like

Hahahaha, I watched the replay, I’ve heard what happened, often see something similar happening in Co-op (though it’s less harmful, and sometimes even good).
Basically, your advisor was too busy stupidly ranting about vespene geyser being exhausted, so he skipped the line about the nuclear launch.

Like I was saying, voices canceling each others happen all the time in co-op, but I guess in Versus you may be less used to it.

To já si nemyslím, já mám zvuk na plno, a nic jsem nikdy neslyšel, hrál jsem hodně dlouho StarCraft, a tam to slyšet bylo.
Je to opravdu blbý, člověk má postavenou základnu, a armádu, a najednou bum a je povsem.
Mislim že zvuk, upozornění, by bylo super.

was it not heard at 16:39 or 16:40

Yes.

Voice lines often cancel each other out, especially when more than one thing is occuring at a time. Generally speaking, what voice-line gets canceled is, as far as I am aware and can ascertain through my own experiences, based on a certain hierarchy. For example “your units are under attack” would almost always take precedence over “nuclear launch detected” due to the much more immediate and pressing nature of an attack occuring on your units.

However, something like “vespean geyser depleted” generally will not occur over a nuke occuring unless something else first occurs to cancel the nuke audio cue.

Having said all of this, like I said previously, this is all based off my experiences with the game. I cannot 100% confirm this is how the game is built - that is best left to someone who is much more knowledgeable about the map maker amd blizzard API than I am.

This is interesting, nice find!

So what was heard at 16:39 was vespene depleted and not nuke detected? I still felt I heard the nuke message. Either way is no excuse for Potato play. Ghost was visible and takes a special pose. " I did not see :red_circle: " happens to lamzorz

1 Like

Yes messages not being there are only a excuse during multi pronged attacks,many times some of them won’t be heard (thats why you must keep an eye onnthe minimao all the time),but i have never noticed the lack of nuclear launch message,and as you said,the ghost was right there,visible even without a warning message.

Regardless of whether the ghost was visible, I had no idea it had launched a nuke cause I didn’t hear any warning messages. During that game I thought he was just EMP’ing my army since I didn’t hear anything and the nuke went off and it was GG.

This post is simply stating there is a bug in regards to notifications OR something the balance team wanted to add in before they disbanded.

2 Likes