Nova gear ideas

OK, so a long time ago, I asked what units would thematically/practically be able to fit into the Nova Covert Ops and what upgrades they could accept.

Today, I wonder “What kind of gear could also fit in her armory?”
Note: Gear would include visors, suits, weapons, and gadgets.

Here are some examples:
-Ghost SMG: covert SMG with low damage but high rate of fire, with a special ability to fire while on the move (a la Tracer style)

-Weakpoint scanner: a visor that would highlight weakpoints on targets, allowing Nova to hit them more easily, give her a critchance

-Desert hunter cloak: a cloak-fashioned suit that cloaks user automatically once stationary, increasing health and energy regeneration

-Promethean grenades: incendiary grenades…basically an alternative to the shotgun that burns the ground for awhile (can’t affect air targets like pulse grenades or flashbangs)

Anyone else have similar ideas for Nova Gear?

I’d like some sort of a cryo weaponry such as grenades.

1 Like

She already has stun ‘nades.

I would give her a scan gadget like Orbital Command has. Or something economically oriented.

She has almost everything already. The only thing that I can think of is Nuke.

An idea for an ability I came up with recently for something else.

Blackout pulse: A grenade ability that sets the vision range of all targets hit to 0.

3 Likes

I once inquired about cryo variants of Firebats, personally, but yeah, a cryosprayer or something would be…“cool”. XD

Like something that drops usable salvage she could “mark” and have pick up?
i.e. 10% of the unit’s cost?

If we’re talking ULTIMATE gear, how about other things that can be launched from the ghost academy?

Like satellites for orbital lasers, which lacks area but makes up for it with spammability?
A “Mass Confusion” bomb that does no damage itself but forces EVERYTHING to fight each other?
Or a quake bomb effective against defensive positions?

You mean like the optical flare or the blinding swarm? Either or is a good idea, imo.

More like blinding swarm, directly cutting the weapon range instead of only vision.

2 Likes

Figured, had to ask, and think that is the cooler option of the two.

Can be. I was speaking very broadly.

Well, it’s not exactly easy to think of something lore-applicable that affects economy and can be carried by a lone person…

Well it could turn Nova into Orbital Command.

You mean summoning mules?

And insta supply depot and scanner sweep.

Orbital Command kind stuff…

She got Lightning’s gunblade from FFXIII. I’d be in favor of giving her a Lancer from GoW, Chainsaw gun is iconic as heck.

Actually, I would love it if they explore that weapon a bit more. Like now she use it as a gun for air target and use it as a blade for ground. I want to see her switch between both functions on command with special ability unique for each mode.

1 Like

I’m not sure. I’m at my wit end about this. I think Nova’s is already a complete package.