Not sure how to disable all chat

Haven’t played in years (2012 was the last time i think) and I’m trying it out again. They added this general chat thing that is super obnoxious and I’d like to just disable all chat without having to do it manually everytime i play/log in but I can’t seem to find the option. I’m not interested in chatting with anyone during my playtime for this game so it’d be great to just disable that. I’m sure this is a stupid question but could someone show me where the feature is located?

Thanks!

It’s in options → social → join chats upon login-in (first tick box on the right). Just untick it.

Alternatively, just right click on the chat line which bother you → leave chat. If you have manually left the chat, it shouldn’t restart upon the next login.

Saluting the opponent at the beginning and the start of a game is customary in SC2, just like it would be in karate. That may be one of the reasons why there is no such option than to disable all ingame chats. Not answering to the adversary’s salutation, and quitting without gging could be interpreted as being bad mannered, or salty.

However, you have an option disable any chat outside of a game, by enabling options → social → disable messaging outside of friendlist (near the bottom right of the screen). And would an opponent chat prove to be bothering ingame, you can manually mute-him with the social ingame menu, which you can access ingame. :slightly_smiling_face: