No sound on startup

Hi. I have a problem with the latest version of SC2 (90870) .Whenever I start the game, there is no sound. I have found out that enabling or disabling Headphone Mode fixes the problem, but when I start it again it’s the same, even if Headphone Mode was left on or off. I have no problems with other games or apps and haven’t done hardware or software updates recently.

3 Likes

Same problem here the sound and music is gone in SC2. But works fine in e.g. Diablo 4 and Starcraft 1

1 Like

Idk if replying to this post will help us but here goes:

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried all the fixes and sometimes it’ll fix the issue but anytime I close the game after it being fixed it goes back to no audio for SC2 (everthing else works) when I reopen the game. Also when I try the fix that previously worked it doesnt work at all. Ive restarted multiple times, tried making a new admin profile, disabled all other devices other than what im using, checked my drivers and still nothing. It’s maddening because I cant figure out what the issue is. Please help!!

2 Likes

Howdy!

What are you using as your output sound device?

Thank you?

Realtek Audio laptop sound speakers. I don’t use headset

Other specs: i5, 8 gb RAM, 1660ti, Windows 10 Pro

Howdy!

Muted sound issues can have many different sources. I recommend checking the following common troubleshooting steps below:

• Check to see if the game was accidentally muted in the Windows volume mixer. With the game Open, right click the :loud_sound: on the task bar and select Volume mixer. Locate the game and make sure it is not muted there.

• We don’t support Bluetooth speakers, but troubleshooting here could help or try a different output device.

• Look for and uninstall any third-party sound software that is forcing an effect on the game’s sound. This can lead to the sound being muted. One program, for example, would be Nahimic.

Additional troubleshooting can be found Here.

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue as INS4N3. I’ve tried the recommendations you’ve listed and have ruled them out. I’m fairly certain the sound issue is related to the NA patch that was pushed this past week. Everything worked fine until the patch.

2 Likes

Changing the sound quality seems to restore sound, but only for the session. So, every time I launch the application I’ll have to change the sound quality to work around this sound/music issue. I assume a patch caused this unintended consequence.

3 Likes

same, no sound with only SC2, tried all the recommended and nothing, such BS

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

If the troubleshooting provided here on the forums has not helped we would like to work with you directly. This means gathering some information like system files Which we don’t want posted on the public forums.

Submit a ticket to us by clicking on your name at the top right of this page, choosing support, then choosing contact support. Fill out the form and gather the requested files mentioned in the forum to attach to your submission. That will allow our technical agents to dig into this further for you and determine the best course of action to resolve.

1 Like

I was able to resolve this issue. Turned out that Avast Security was impacting how Starcraft II accessed my sound devices. After tweaking the exceptions in Avast, I was able to resolve the issue.

1 Like

Hey, I’m having the same issue and it turns out if I shut of all shields in Avast sound will work again. Can you please tell me how you made those exceptions in Avast? Thanks.

Confirmed solution with turning Avast shields off. Can you tell us what exceptions have you enabled? I added the Starcraft and Battle.net folders and it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Weird enough im reset sound settings twice and it start working loud ofcourse but work

Everything worked fine until the new patch came online. There have been sound problems here ever since and only with SC2. I’ve tried pretty much everything to fix it. I can’t get the sound on automatically in SC2.

I manage to make a workaround by going into sc2 > options > sound
and manually turning headphone mode on and off. This can bring the sound back temporary. But everytime I log on sc2 I have to do this now. I use this as a temporary solution. However I look forward for a
permanent solution instead.

If you have avast antivirus turn off him just for log in game after that you hear sound turn it again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.