New Zerg strat wanted

Hi, I play random and I love it. I’m looking for new zerg strat that is easier on the mind meaning not too much in depth. Not looking for a rush build more of a standard middle game with some cool tactics. I’m going to train myself after completing medium AI to do ladder. I’ve already filmlair how zerg works and the counters. I’m having trouble of getting the economy sync after applying damage to the other person so this lies in multi tasking.

I want to see if others are willing to explain to me their own strat to help a player out. Not interested how the pros do it for personal reason.

Something to know about me how I play. I like to play safe throughout the game while other times I rush. I like to be diverse as possible with my units. I know some strat from Starcraft 1 to up to now that still works. I’ve played a lot on AI, team games, and ladder during on my two accounts. I’ve got taught by a gm, few masters, and couple diamonds to help me with my games during Ob 1vs 1 map. I’ve played mostly bronze league until I got promoted into silver. In the past I’ve been in bronze while facing higher leagues like platinum to gold most of the time winning half of my games.

So I know and experience enough of the basics of game play. Need to know anything more to help you just ask but unfortunately I can’t give you all the replays of what I refer to.

Simple answer. Readd the ability to select a bunch of overlords, hit load, and select the ground and have them auto load up all the units in the area. It would make drops common again and improve zerg strat.

You know, readd something past 1995 level mechanics back into the game instead of the cheap POS nerf garbage mechanics and make a game.

Does anyone even realize this game once had air and good mechanics to support dropping. And that zerg is now missing it. I guess not. Nobody who playes this has even played the first games and doesn’t understand the problem with that or the glaring lazy design of this game. coughexplosive/concussivecough or the significance and how it wasn’t compensated for properly and ruined the game.(Literally the cause of every single problem in the current game.) The fact they said that simplified the game and went this long with it just screams what the real problem is.

1 Like

Grab spawning tool. It’s an overlay that’s runnning while you play a game. Grab a macro build because it seems like that’s what you want. It’s also ideal, as you can win every single game in that league not even scouting and just focusing on macro. You don’t even have to watch your army attack and you can win nearly every game.

I like doing a two base roach build. It’s suitable for a good opener and you can tech wherever after that. But the spawning tool is awesome. Practice until you have the two base saturation down pat and on time and you’ll have a nice macro going there.

2 Likes

You can still drop as Zerg and in fact, baneling / lurker drops have been used in tournament games. It takes a lot of micro and carefulness, so it’s not really something you want to do expecting to climb the ladder until you’re completely comfortable with your macro / expanding / injecting perfectly every 30 seconds.

From someone who played SC and BroodWar almost insatiably, the game has come a long way. I enjoy it and I don’t think I have ever looked back at a SC classic game now that I’ve played this and though oh man I am really missing out.

But the whole fun of drops was getting around 200 lings and making enemy bases disappear! 8)

I have yet to see that in sc2 sadly. I would love to though.

I’ve done droppings in the past and haven’t try much so on here LOTV. That’s something I can look into. Love doing lurker drops. Thanks for the advice.

Are those even allow on here? I don’t want to try something risky then found out I’m ban because of it.

Two base roach I never tried that before I know I’ve done 1 base and 2 base roach hydra. Thanks for the advice.

Absolutely! It is just an overlay, much like Nvidias overlay for recording, or anything of that nature. There is no memory reading/writing or things of that nature. If you mess up the build, or get behind, the timer continues. That’s the only downside of the overlay. If you pause it usually keeps going too. So when I get to the point where I am behind, I restart the game and try the build again until I get it down. I would highly recommend doing this for all 3 races. Just the first 5 or so minutes of a macro build.

Using this technique, you can practice in way fewer games / amount of time, as you are practicing something that is perfect time-wise. It’s hard to develop bad habits and then try to fix them after developing them. One thing I struggled with was landing all my injects every 30 seconds throughout the game. You really need to build that muscle memory. If you’re not landing those throughout the game, especially for the first 5 minutes, you’ll fall behind rather quickly.

1 Like

Cool! Yes, those injections do need work. I’m getting little bit better of the creep to get the second expansion timing down.

Do you know where I can find this?

Hello Wise, as you are in lower league i would suggest follow Strategy:

Create after 17 supply the 2.nd Hatch + Pool and then create nonstop Worker until both base are full with Worker (2x16) + Gass. Then create 2 Minute long non-stop Units, and attack.

During your units are on the way, you build a 3rd Hatchery and +16 more Workers :slight_smile:

Of course the Queen Injects are very helpful… to speedup the economy … i can suggest the grid keyboard layout, and add all Hatcheries to Group “4”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LotV dot spawningtool dot com

Thanks for the helpful info. In due time I will ask but for now I want to do one step at a time. I do find it a bit difficult to multitask with growing economy while sending the right units out but that’s what learning is all about. :grinning:

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

This is crucial. Zerg is a reactive race. We have units that are crap. But we have the ability to swap to mutas if we need to and produce them as if we had 12 star ports when we started with 12 barracks haha. That’s the advantage. And it takes practice but pay attention to your armor types and attack types. We only have a few things for attack, but it took me a while to realize banelings have bonus damage to light armor, which is why they aren’t gonna be good against a roach swarm for example.

1 Like

I’m no pro. But so far my fav strat is is build Hydra on defense, and attack with Broodlord/corruptor. Sometimes i switch it up to use Swarm Host/Hydra/Ling/Nydus

I tend to do a bunch of vs Ai and I been getting back into SC2 again… I’m no longer Elite lvl with Ai… I been shot down to a back and forth with Medium/Hard Ai

So if you wanna get some practice in with someone I might be in the same skill level as you if you want to do some 1v1’s for practice. I’m interested in your idea of a playstyle. I want to see it in action, and i would be happy to replicate it if i can.

I main as Zerg, but i still enjoy playing any race if you need to test things out, such as seeing how the defense holds vs other races.

2 Likes

I’ve made it to medium ai in custom and pve hoovering between medium to hard ai. I’m getting better at droning up. I love lurker playstyle but unfamiliar of the timeings. I also love roach hydra for defense and offense. My anxiety loves to kick in so I get bum out very quickly in 1v1. In the meantime in 1v1 I’m practicing different rushes from sc1 up to lotv. To see how many of them I can use if all else fails or my mood.

I’ve been playing a lot of pve and co-op to get the hang of droning up. It may be different but the concept is there.

Someday I want to counter elite ai then beat all insane ai.

I’m highly interested of your offer and it will be good for me like it was in wol of doing this with different leagues of players. I don’t have a answer yet but I will add you when I’m in the mood. That way I can talk to you and que up games. =)

EDIT: **I’ve found you and my screen name is Exmortis in game while my account name is Wise#1573. Just sent you a friend request.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll be looking forward to it.

1 Like