New patch deletes Account folder

I just updated to the latest version 5.0.11.90870.

When I started the game after the patch fully completed, the game suddenly would show me the Legacy of the Void cinematic again, as if I had never played the game.

Patching obviously deleted my Accounts folder, and with it, all my replays and also all my hotkey configuration files.

The folder /Users/connexo/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/StarCraft II is now completely empty. No files, no directories, just empty.

I’m also unable to create new hotkey profiles. I can modify hotkeys, I can save the custom profile under a custom name, but afterwards I cannot select it from the dropdown because it’s not there. This means I effectively am forced to only play with Blizzard default hotkey options that come with the game, which e.g. also means I cannot use rapid fire any more.

It also means the game doesn’t store replays any longer. I’ve just tried with a game vs AI and afterwards, an unranked game, on EU. The unranked game was on the map “Altitude” and on the defeat screen both the “Watch Replay” and “Rename Replay” buttons are disabled and greyed out. Hovering over either gives me “This map does not allow replays.”

Who can help?

2 Likes

I updated to the latest version too and now can’t even launch the game. A Blizzard error window pops up saying that I have to check my internet connection and it’s working fine.

I cant even update, stuck on “waiting on another update”
cant update both SC2 and Diablo 4,
Blizzard is becoming so stupid company now, hopeless!

Same, a couple of days ago I also began getting the intro cinematic and the game defaulted to 4:3 aspect ratio. I could change the resolution back to wide, but I had to re-do it on each launch. Now the game won’t even launch, says “launching” for a couple of seconds and then nothing.

I too have the same issue with the intro cinematic and the game defaulting to 4:3 aspect ratio. It also has lost all settings for cursor and mouse navigation. Started on Monday for me.

1 Like

Yep same issue here , cinematic plays at startup cant save games or keep settings
I have to set monitor resolution and graphics options at every startup and sometime the game crashes when I set them
seems like a permissions thing to me (but I’m no expert )
Hope there is a fix soon
(Intel imac)

Update to above - found this fix on another post - worked for me
shame no-one from Blizzard could be bothered to respond

Open finder, use go to folder option in menu (or Shift+command+G) type: ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/ It will open folder contents look for “StarCraft II” folder change that folder permissions to Read and Write…

2 Likes

This worked thank you so much!

checked the permissions and they are Read and Write in the “StarCraft II” folder. Game still crashing after launch. All saved games are gone. Is there an update on the loss of the saved games?