New Maps Please #2

Season 3 and No New Maps. How hard is it to implement maps? All us StarCraft players just at least want the bare minimum. Some new maps for a new season.

Please and thank you,
RuFF

9 Likes

They do not care about the game anymore. This is now the permanent state.

1 Like

They could at least rotate some past maps of past seasons agree? I remember Acid bath Le, abiogenesis, year zero etc.

2 Likes

For sure dog. Team maps too kindly.

1 Like

Frost Giant awaits us all.
ActiCorp is not part of Frost Giant.
ActiCorp abandoned SC2 but at least we still have SC2 servers and for that I am grateful. Maps not important only servers important.

1 Like

Wrong maps are important. Without them ladder will be deader and deader as more people leave.

Weren’t maps a community burden over the last half decade?
I remember Blizzard authored Daedalus Point having 90% Z winrate on GSL
Even after a patch the map was so broken that korean staff had to replace it with the fruit map

1 Like

Why Blizzard should care if ladder lives or not? They have given up on trying to earn money from the game (no more warchest, no more commanders , now more anything), so why should they give a damn one way or another.

Anyway 1v1 ladder got new maps in the end, and i think i read something it was mostly done by community effort. So maybe something similar would be possible for team maps?

1 Like

Are there no new maps? I thought we fixed this issue already with ESL getting involved. Wasn’t there just a team liquid map contest? I’m so confused

Well, winners of vote are horrible.
Straight to ban list if they are added

After the blunder with the recent GSL, who even knows anymore. Maps are faulty. Votes for maps are biased. It is becoming increasingly clear that some of the maps are being developed with some hidden interest in mind with how much they favor particular races.

We are at a point where we cannot have truly objective maps that do not favor a particular race by a heavy amount, and we leave the map picking up to a populace that wants their favorite race to win.

They should just make one last large map pool with the best and most popular maps of previous seasons within LOTV.

I think every map has its little faults but this was one hell of a big one. I find it kind of amusing that Parting spotted that loophole on Oblivion and managed to keep it silent, providing him a win and one of the best trollgames I’ve seen in a long while :p. I also have to agree that it would be for the better if that map would be adapted making this sort of shenanigans impossible…

I also agree to the fact that it’s very hard to make a completely balanced map. I think that’s even impossible since every map will create situations/ spaces/ where one race performs slightly better then the other.

Team maps too plz, thank you!

1 Like

didn’t we get new maps like last season or something? but then not this season? i was kind of confused i thought they would implement something season to season the community could work on.