New custom "Commander Versus" mod (need help)

So after weeks of thinking on this and talking to others about this idea i have decided to create it my self. the mod is a very simple idea i think, and im willing to spend alot of time working on it, if it requires.

i just want to make a normal versus mode, with 3 playable commanders for each race, each commander only adding 1 unit, 1 tech upgrade (maybe for said unit, maybe for another), and 1 commander ability able to be used from base (tier 1-3 base depending on ability power) the commanders would be from the co-op options.

a couple examples:
Artanis- Unit: Dragoons
Tech: Dragoon Range upgrade
Ability: Able to place a Warp hex anywhere on the battlefield (lasts for 1 warp timing, must have tier 3 tech building to use [advanced robo, fleet beacon, templar archives])

Kerrigan- Ability: spawn 1 kerrigan from hive per game.

you get the idea. what i need help with is what kind of modding knowledge must i gather to do this? can anyone point me to a few tutorials that could get me started?

also im not sure if the commander should be selected in-game, or before game. selecting the commander during the game could add more strategy and fun.

1 Like
  1. If you´re new to the sc2 editor, you should take a few hours and just watch tutorials. You don’t have to understand everything, just to know approximately what you can and what you cant do with sc2 editor.
  2. I think it would be better if you can choose the commander before game.