Nerf cannons it's getting old

I can’t be the only player who thinks like this.

  1. You’ve designed the map pool to favor the CR.
  2. You’ve given protoss an eco advantage AND tech advantage even if the rush fails.
  3. It’s totally destroying the fun of the game.

Nerf it already.

7 Likes

Make Forge require a Gateway. I don’t think it’ll affect much, except maybe the Forge Fast Expand.

3 Likes

That no one uses. Forge fast expand hasn’t been used in years, and it certainly won’t be used in LOTV because of game design.

I can’t wrap my brain around how blizzard thinks keeping the cannon the way it is makes any kind of sense, unless they are legit promoting the strat, and if that’s the case then god save the queen

4 Likes

The part I don’t like is the huge economy.

Holding the rush isn’t the problem, it’s the forced 1 base all in that follows because the cannon rusher usually has 2 bases, one of which is fully saturated, and he usually has a good tech follow up (dts + prism or voids).

1 Like

Kinda true

Completely untrue

Generally accurate

Except in low diamond and all of plat, primarily for PvZ. Killing some of the ladder player’s fun to nerf a strategy that is primarily a ladder issue doesn’t make sense. So I can understand the reluctance. However, I still think that it’s a change that should probably be made anyways.

The fact that there’s players getting GM regularly only cannon rushing means it needs a nerf

I’d like to report that I beat Genesis (EU cannon rusher) a few hours ago. It took innovation and luck + my opponent being a 100 APM player that only hotkeys one of his probes, but definitely my proudest P vs P win in years.

I had my gateway at my natural. As soon as I saw a probe by my gateway, at a cannon rush time, I instantly pulled 5 probes and put them on my ramp, and just prayed he got greedy and tried to go to my main first.

I was able to do enough damage to the probe that he had to end up resorting to some plan c type of stuff. I had 3 probes on the low ground waiting for his second probe. The second probe was tko’d by the 3 probes, without a fight, due to 100 APM…

The game continued on in a somewhat even fashion. But, given my opponent has been carried a million MMR by cannon rushing, enough said. They let bronze players in GM. That’s cute.

Not sure what is less legit, using cannon rushing to get GM or paying someone to boost your account. Tough call.

Oh, I also tested how many probes on a ramp does it take to kill a probe. In my several minutes of testing, it appears 11 is the magic number.

I bet if the patch goes through the way it is then cannon rushing will become much more popular. The Protoss players on ladder who only know how to all in will probably start to CR more often.