Need help with proper Terran builds

So I came back from a long hiatus from SC2 and my placement with Terran is currently Top tier Silver. I can go into more detail of where I am currently at but I’ll keep my question simple.

What builds or macro/mechanics should I be focusing on in this current League?

I don’t usually play Terran since its my off race, but I have been playing here and there when I can. I really am just focusing on my macro and mechanics to make it less of a headache for me if i tried to do multiple things at once. At least for now.
I do want to get to Diamond with Terran. Maybe Masters. My mindset is NOT really focused on winning, so much as it is just improving and focusing on my game and not my opponents.

Your main focus should be multi tasking with terran
Doing multiple things at once, never stopping scv production even while dropping etc(around 66 workers most people say, but you can go up to 80 at most)
Open with reaper every mu, try to get scouting Information without banking much resources
This is very hard to do and you might lose a lot, but thats how you get better

2 Likes

ok ok. yeah thats a good starting point. Get used to macroing while using that first scout with the reaper.
I usually rally point to his base somewhere with the reaper. usually right next to the jumping ledge and then hotkey my reaper after its made and macro until he gets close. then i keep my camera focus on the reaper during the time its scouting.
While its scouting I should be using my hotkeys to build scvs, units.
At some point this gets hard depending on whats happening to the reaper. like queens and first slowlings are on the map and my macro suffers a bit.

is it just better to go 1-1-1 with terran?
I feel in TvT this is a given in Masters and above to handle early harass.
The one viking is nice to tackle OV scouts and Prisms as well.

Or is it better to go say 2-1-1 if you see him going for more barracks early on?

You shouldnt 2 1 1 in tvt, you. Might pull it off but its not really a viable build, use it in tvz only, do 1 1 1,get cyclone, raven, 3rd then go up to 5 rax 2 fact 1 starport get ur upgrades etc

3 Likes

in the late game does anyone add in more factories or starports in a bio build?

Yes, thats a must, you dont want pure mmm, not even in the midgame
Tvt and tvz you add 2nd factory in the midgame, then 2 extra starports in the late midgame with fusion core
VS protoss you are fine with 1 factory, but you need the 2 extra starports as well
Depending on how much you bank and what comp you want to switch you add extra facilities in the lategame
When you get your armory, you also want to be always researching a mech/air upgrade in the optipnal scenario
Most of the time its +1weapon for tank, then armor and then air upgrades

I made it to silver just with upgraded 5 rtax marine.
I made it to plat with a 4:30 stim drop timing and following w mass marine

The 2-1-1 is brutal in TvT if you can get away with it. Ideally it’s something you mix in and try to deny any scout of it so the opposing Terran player cant respond with any banshees.

I assume you are looking for a solid defense against early aggression focusing on a macro build with fast expansion.

This is what I’m doing playing Bio and I went from bronze to Platinum in 1 month. It is a 1-1-1 strategy focused on timing attack with solid defense.

Against Zerg and Terran go for Refinery before barracks, build 1 reaper for defense, get a reactor on the barracks and switch with the factory as soon as it is ready, start making helions, they are great against early aggression since they melt bio, 6 or 8 should be enough. Against Terrans you want to get a few vikings and cyclones before starting getting tanks and medivacs if you didn’t scout properly to prevent a BC teleporting freely into your mineral line.

What I usually do from that point on is try to deny my opponent his bases with a timing attack with a couple liberators, tanks, medivacs and lots of marines with stimpack, combat shield and +1/+1 upgrades.

Against Prottos I follow Lowko’s build order that he copied from iNNovation (if I’m not mistaken) with no scout and a timing attack at 6m30s with widowmines, marines, marauders with stimpack, combatshield and +1/+1.

From there on take more bases, build more barracks, increase production keep getting upgrades, eventually you can overrun most players in the Silver/Gold leagues with this strategy.

thanks for the replies. Been awhile since I posted this. I’ve been able to get close out of Gold and into plat.
I’ve also been watching Vibes youtube videos Bronze to GM series. Extremely helpful in driving in the point how important SCVs are.