Need help! How to control banelings!

Firstly I apologise for my English because I don’t speak English as the first language.
I’m new to Starcraft 2. I try hard, practice everyday because I love this game a lot! First week I was struggling with timing attack, I got attacked before I even built spawning pool. Now I’m getting better. I’ve been climbing from silver to Platinum 1. This is a stage that I got stuck for like 1 month already. I find it difficult to versus Terran, I hate tanks so much because they clear my zerglings so quick that I can’t even do anything. I read guides on the internet saying that I should train banelings to counter Marrine Tanks strats, however, everytime I build banelings, all my banelings got shut down by the marrines and tanks even before touching them. I tried using the zerglings as the front line to tank for the banelings but it doesnt work at all. Can I have some tips about how to control banelings to counter Marrine Tank strat as well as the timing for banelings upgrade?
I’d love to hear from all pro zerg players. And also, any terran players here please show me how zerg usually counter your Marrine Tank strat?

2 Likes

from the BACK not the FRONT

look up “reynor sc2 flank” if you have any further questions

Im no pro, but when i use banelings, i dont use them the traditional way. My skill with it is terrible. So what i do is burrow them into the ground and pop them up like mines.

Sometimes it works sometimes it dosent. it helps me better when i make underground pop-up bane walls.

For the most part i dont use baneling’s. Im awful with them and i can manage without them…Probly because i never end up facing bio-Terran.

Generally in this situation, you want to set up a huge arc, which should span roughly 120 degrees out of a 360 degree circle around the terran army, and A-move your things in. 
   Try to spread your banes and shift click them to move onto marines. If your opponent knows what he's doing, he will try to target your banes with his tanks. If you have good control, mutalisks are not a bad option, as you can flank the tanks as his marines move forward.

Hello Latepen,

Warm welcome! :slight_smile: Wow, you are new to SC2 and are already Patinum? I did need 3 years to grow from Bronze to Platinum… :wink:

Against Terran, you should use Banelings prefered against BIO, not against MECH. (For mech use Brood Loards)

• Use always Zerglings + Banelings together (with Hydras)
  • fight only so long until all your Zerglings + Banelings are dead, but keep Hydras alive.
  • Create enough Hatcheries to spend all your money (enough Larva is important)
  • Dont forget the Updates, start with Updates at 4:00 but then without interrupt
  • Speed Upgrade of Banelings is VERY important
  • Spread out creep and fight preferred on Creep
  • use the move command for few sec. to obtain connections to marines, then switch to attack command
  • Try to fight from 2 different sides, by split the army before the fight start, then attack with full army if the terran is in the middle of this both army
  • Do follow plan, create always 3 infestors, in each game at minute ~8:00 and try during fight to fungal the army of your opponent, that helps a lot. If Infestor die, no problem, just create new for next fight. :slight_smile: EACH successful Infestor Fungal is good as 800 Minerals + 800 Gas … :wink:
  • If Terran has many Tanks, you need Brood Loard support, too.

And the most important: Watch the Youtube Playlist from Vibe: From Bronze to Grandmaster

Good luck and be happy, that you learn so fast ! :slight_smile:

For beginner few tips > many.

Try this:

Burrow them. A few. Not too obvious. And if it’s already on the map, do it with 1 scan distance. Because they will also scan to clear creep, you should care.

They can detonate when burrowed, or wehn paired with zerglings just unburrow and backdoor the tank line.

2 banelings tight together kill all marines in range.

right click instead of left