My final Balance Patch Prediction

There will be none. Or they will try to make Terran more difficult.

Idk. I’d be suprised if they chose to help Terran.

Life in itself will get easier for the chosen ones.
But how this games continues will either be a big mess. Or no continuation at all.

OR they absurdly buff Terran because I posted this. You get the idea…

We had a good time everyone. Those memories are ours, forever.

Love,

InaIna

6 Likes

“If a balance patch drops in a video game nobody plays, did a balance patch drop at all?” - Brofucius

5 Likes

I have to wonder why one would single out Terran.

The vast consensus based on data and player feed back overwhelmingly agree that the effectiveness of both Zerg and Terran are in a fair position with Protoss being the outlier.

1 Like

NO MAN, THEY GOT THE NUMBERS, THE SWARMHOST GUY WHO IS 500 MMR BELOW YOU AND LOST 40 WORKERS BEFORE 10 MINS DESERVED HIS WIN. YOU’RE JUST PERCEIVING IMBALANCE. MAKE SOME BCS (who are slower than swarmhosts lol) OR SPEED BANSHEES (a ridiculous investment that will get shot down by hydras/will kill one before they go back into nydus lol) AND COUNTER THEM!!!

ALL STATISTICS SHOW ZERG ISN’T OVERPOWERED, TRUST ME I BEAT Z ONCE AS T IN BRONZE.

Yeah I sure do wonder why. Here are the GM win-rates for the past year (please note TvZ favoring Terran by a >12% lead):

Matchup Games Wins Losses Team 1 % Team 2 %
PvT 14,003 5,555 5,070 52.28% 47.72%
PvZ 10,897 4,679 3,413 57.82% 42.18%
TvZ 8,724 3,536 2,758 56.18% 43.82%

Source: https://sc2replaystats.com/stats/analytics?group_by%5B%5D=matchup&matchup%5B%5D=PvT&matchup%5B%5D=PvZ&matchup%5B%5D=TvZ&format%5B%5D=1v1&game_type%5B%5D=AutoMM&division%5B%5D=grandmaster&metric_options%5B%5D=games&metric_options%5B%5D=win_percentage&date=January%201,%202021%20-%20November%206,%202021

Anyone who is part of such a horrendous consensus has permanently damaged their reputation in my view. They are obviously talking out of their rear, don’t have the foresight to do research before making assertions, and think that their thoughts/emotions are enough to establish the truth when in reality those things are completely irrelevant. Those thoughts/emotions are also obviously completely wrong since they clearly contradict basic statistics like GM win-rates for the past year.

Anytime I see internet randos talking about balance in clear contradiction of basic facts of and about balance, I think of the late and great Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who was executed by the Na*zis, who once said:

Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed- in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self-satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.

Please realize that, in the same way bozos have destroyed oh so many video games, they work tirelessly every minute of every day to destroy the entire planet and everything that is good within it. They do it not because they are evil, but because they can’t tell what is evil / that their actions do such great harm. In most cases they believe they are even doing good. Stupidity is the greatest sociological mechanism in existence and it controls the fate of everything from video games to entire nations to the entire planet.

3 Likes

Apologies, but I don’t believe many are immediately asking for changes to be made to either Terran or Zerg, just a wistful desire for a 2nd look at Protoss.

Correct. You’d think even one of them would be smart enough to actually do some research to see if TvZ is balanced before saying so but, behold: the legions who don’t. Humanity has an IQ problem. The vast majority are bots who have absolutely zero critical thinking skills and just set their opinion to that of their favorite celebrities like a circuit board being flashed with a firmware update. This is why games like SC2 die. They demand changes thinking they are improving the game, when in reality they have no clue how the game works and their changes are far more likely to do harm than good. Many changes over time create a net negative until they stop playing despite the game being designed exactly as they demanded. The more awful the game becomes, the more involved they become and it spirals out of control until the game is dead.

A great example of this in action right now is the YouTuber called “Dream” who is the biggest Minecraft YouTuber. Every year Mojang is adding new things to Minecraft and people can vote on which to add. Dream has so much sway on the yearly game design that he basically gets to pick what he wants and that decides the entire matter. People will vote for what he wants, regardless of if they end up enjoying it in the end.

It happens in SC2, too. Tournament casters absolutely losing their minds about how “weak” hellbat allins are (then eating their words and watching a hellbat allin destroy a Code S player), whining about how weak Adept builds are vs Zerg (then eating their words when Serral loses to Adept builds in another tournament); the list goes on and on. Yet there is certainly not a single person that could be found who would bother to double check to see if what they are saying is coherent with the facts - it takes far too much effort for them to do so since their brain doesn’t do it automatically for them - go onto Reddit and create a relevant topic and you will be buried in replies from troglodytes who think Adept builds are bad or that Hellbat allins don’t work.

2 Likes

Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed- in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self-satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.

This is actually crucial information for me to understand at this moment in time.

Do you believe stupidity could be manifactured? Or perfected by evil intent to such a degree that it could not be exposed as evil?

Or do you actually believe stupidity exists in itself, as it is. And in our reality.

1 Like

Wow, can you tell us who wrote that? If it is a book, i would love to read it.

It’s a quote from a letter sent by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a Na*i dissident who used to preach on the streets of Germany until they arrested him. He wrote it from prison and was executed in a concentration camp 2 weeks before Germany was liberated. There are loads of parallels between what he described and the modern fascist-left movements in America which are very similar to Na*ism so naturally his criticisms of it are applicable today.

What gave rise to Na*ism was largely stupidity and fear. They were terrified of the “unclean” and “greedy” jews. Propoganda was spewed by the state to scare people into a state where they are easily manipulated, which is known as having a “psychotic break”. In this state, people will do just about anything because they are scared. Now contrast that Na*i era rhetoric against the rhetoric being used with regards to the rona-virus. It’s so similar it’s uncanny.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer is a great example of how the Na*is were executing absolutely brilliant people. They were trying to create the perfect “Arian” race but ironically executed huge swaths of the world’s highest-IQ people.

3 Likes

I strongly disagree, without the shameful behavior of the victors in the Versaille Treaty the things in Germany would have never progressed in that direction.

The US is the most successful nation to ever exist and it’s being over-run with Na*i ideas. The ending to WW1 was a tragedy however the Na*i ideology would have taken over regardless because it is such a powerful manipulative force that preys on the stupidity of the masses to scare them into doing horrific crimes while simultaneously thinking they are doing the right / moral thing. The contradictions would be blatant to anyone with even an ounce of intelligence. The only people who can be tricked into committing atrocities while thinking they are the “good guys” are the stupid amped up on fear then pointed in that direction by those in power who would utilize them for political gain.

Bonhoeffer’s promising academic and ecclesiastical career was dramatically altered with the Na*i ascension to power on 30 January 1933. He was a determined opponent of the regime from its first days. Two days after Hitler was installed as Chancellor, Bonhoeffer delivered a radio address in which he attacked Hitler and warned Germany against slipping into an idolatrous cult of the Führer (leader), who could very well turn out to be Verführer (misleader, or seducer). He was cut off the air in the middle of a sentence, though it is unclear whether the newly elected Na*i regime was responsible.[13] In April 1933, Bonhoeffer raised the first voice for church resistance to Hitler’s persecution of Jews, declaring that the church must not simply “bandage the victims under the wheel, but I am a spoke in the wheel itself.”

Bonhoeffer was a genius and a formidable political adversary which is why the Na*i’s carted him away to the concentration camps. The Na*i’s praised stupidity because it was the fuel in the engines of their political vehicles. Now compare that to the psycho’s on the left who have decided biology is a hoax and that they need to burn, loot and pillage to prove it. They are about to go psycho again - there is a strong possibility of it - if Kyle Rittenhouse is acquitted as he should be. The one thing these people fear more than gender is an armed man defending his property. The second amendment is the only thing stopping America from diving head-first into full blown Na*ism where using the wrong pronouns is grounds for destroying a person’s life (ex: Jack Phillips who simply refused to bake a cake). That’s why they despise the second amendment so much. It’s the only thing stopping the masses from stampeding onto private property and destroying anyone they disagree with.

The rhetoric used by the left to paint “capitalists” and “republicans” as “greedy” for becoming wealthy and “unclean” for refusing the vax, for example, is very similar to the rhetoric used by the Na*i’s to attack the Jews on a political stage. The parallels are there you just have to use your eyes. The government has already violated the Nuremberg code by changing the labels on vaccine doses given to soldiers. They asked for the FDA approved vaccine, but were given the experimental version, but the soldiers noticed so the doctors started changing the labels and injecting them with a drug they did not consent to. The doctors, of course, were convinced they were doing the right thing. Welcome to Fascist America.

2 Likes

Here you go. The “late and great” Carl Sagan predicting our current predicament:

1 Like

According to Bonhoeffer, the person from that quote, yes it absolutely can. His “theory of stupidity” is that it is a sociological phenomena manufactured by a strong surge in political or religious power. People riding the power wave are willing to give up their autonomy, aka their ability to think critically, so they are accepted into the group and can benefit from the group’s power. It’s basically another spin on group-think and is very Orwellian in nature. People set aside their critical thinking skills because they see contradictions and flaws in the group, but if they point those out they can be dispelled from the group so they learn to “shut off” these abilities. It starts off as simply ignoring the contradictions but eventually they stop engaging in the thinking processes that lead to the contradictions.

He’s basically saying that group-think behavior is more deeply rooted than intellect itself, meaning intellect is subservient to it and people will throw intellect out the window if it means they can be accepted into a power structure that values them.

This stuff is seen all over the place. It’s abused by cults. There was a cult where their “leader” convinced them all to commit suicide so they could be transported to the mothership coming to Earth to pick them up. I kid you not that’s a real thing and you can google it. They will accept you, be super nice to you, give you free crap, because it interferes with your ability to think critically and then they will drown you in fear and isolation until you are as malleable as play-doh. That’s why anyone offering you free crap should IMMEDIATELY be distrusted especially powerful organizations.

3 Likes

Echo chambers come to mind.

Without free speech we lose our ability to share/hear counter arguments. People become indoctrinated and are unwilling to hear anything outside their bubble of influence.

2 Likes

“Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. If the God‐​given understanding of your mind does not resist a demand to believe what is impossible, then you will not resist a demand to do wrong to that God‐​given sense of justice in your heart.”
-Voltaire

Bonhoeffer was a well-read man it would seem. Don’t worry, soon the cult of the woke will scrub even the great minds of François-Marie Arouet and Dietrich Bonhoeffer from history - their words gorge gaping holes into the theories of wokeism. The danger isn’t in a tyrannical government, but a government that has tricked its population into believing absurdities, making the population as malleable as play-dough in which state they are complaint with the government’s wettest of dreams. The great minds of history will be scrubbed for thought-crimes against humanity, namely racism and other vaguely defined catch-phrases which mean roughly “fill in the blank for whatever you hate”. This must be done or people might read their words and start to think for themselves and we can’t have that. It starts out as “Oh well we have to ban this subreddit to stop trolling” and “Oh you know we gotta hide the dislikes on YouTube videos to curb creator harassment” and “we need to create a protected class on twitter” and ends with, as put by George Orwell:

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute.

“History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

I keep these words in mind anytime I hear people screech “Climate seers can see 100 years into the future” and “biology is a hoax” and “trust the science” which, translated from woke-speak, really means “I am too dumb to understand basic mathematics” and “science is only right when it agrees with me” and “don’t question my version of the science”. Really what society needs to do with wokeism is to treat it as a religion, because that is what it is. It tries to borrow credibility from the word “science” but really it is a joke in the face of true science, e.g. the principles of objectivity, rationality and empiricism.

As Bonhoeffer pointed out, atrocities are committed by huge surges in political and religious power because it breeds a type of mass compliance that could never exist in society otherwise. That’s what happened with the N*zis for example. When Government actors are speaking religious dogma from a podium, it’s time to start worrying. The rhetoric being used against middle-class Americans is so very similar to the rhetoric used against the kulaks in Russia - you know, right before millions of people starved. The people who equate profit to theft, for example, are exactly the kind of people who demonized the kulaks. Eventually the kulaks were so persecuted they stopped producing food, which caused starvation. The reason they were so successful is because they were good farmers.

Now sit down and do the math about where the profit=theft type of rhetoric leads a society and look at all the people absolutely losing their minds about things like the minimum wage which boil down to the profit=theft argument. Look at all the people fleeing California. Their population went down for the first time in history. Imagine that. When you demonize American kulacs, they stop producing for you. No point in working hard if all the hard work is stolen from them. The declining population in California doesn’t sound like a big deal until you realize that infrastructure costs far outweigh profits, which requires a state to offset the infrastructure costs with increased growth. So, how are you going to pay your infrastructure bill with a declining population? Oh snap Californians should have studied history a little better. Why didn’t they? I blame public education but that’s a rant for another time. Society needs to reward its greatest producers, not punish them. It’s really not rocket science.

1 Like