My favorite aspect of the campaigns

He wants somebody to come use Turn Undead on these planets so they go back to being uninhabitable wastelands like they deserve.

Gotta get the mud back to turn it into God’s own planet again. From mud we came and back into the mud shall we fall.

I think with the Swarm being tainted and leaving plus the Primal’s forced into hidhing; there is an unitented consequence of allowing the local foliage to gain a foot hold and thrive.

Or as the Zerg developed, they also altered and evolved the plantlife (ie the plants are Zerg too)… so Zerus was a volcanic/lava/ash world, just with abundant life that is able to thrive in that environment (so it is a jungle world as well)

1 Like

Rise from the grave thread and obey my command!

1 Like

The Zerg can infest a planet with full fledged hive clusters in a matter of hours. Meaning you have to reglass the entire planet, again. Daily.

That’s bullcrap haxxx, man. If they could do that, then they should have wiped out the galaxy, much less the terrans and protoss, years ago.

There are 200-400 BILLION stars in the galaxy, and at least that many planets. The zerg have been eating planets for MILLIONS OF YEARS. The galaxy should be made entirely of zerg by now.

The zerg canonically arrived sometime prior to the year 2487. The Great War started in 2499. Logically they should have eaten the whole sector within a WEEK.

Dear God, this lore could not be more nonsensical. I am constantly amazed by anybody taking this lore seriously despite the writers obviously being lazy as hell about absolutely everything.

Not exactly.

Remember first that the Zerg have been getting steadily faster over the aeons, and they likely started at a pretty slow rate. Also remember that even under Abathur’s guidance, they evolution still boils down to a survival of the fittest, and thus the Zerg can only grow stronger if there is another race to match them.

And the Protoss can most definitely provide this match. Protoss warp technology allows them to materialize cities at a rate similar to that at which the Zerg can grow their hives. And you know the whole zealots goes poor in cloud of smoke thing? In the original lore, they did that because they were teleporting away at the last second and usually not actually dying. As a result, the fighting is closely matched because the Protoss warriors just keep coming back to fight again, and the Zerg hives just keep spawning new swarms.

As for the terrans, they probably have no right still being alive. But in their defense, the UED (then UPL) supposedly had cloning technology well before terrans ever came to the Kaprulu sector. Further, terrans seem to be really good a turtling even in the lore. Major Terran worlds typically are hard to break, while even Char has had several times where fleets and armies just casually made landfall on the surface.

Basically, the timescale of SC2 is really really fast. Planets rise and fall in a matter of weeks. Protoss and Zerg have given lore excuses, but the terrans aren’t really given an excuse, which is why in headcanon I partially believe that it is an unsaid part of Terran society that millions of new humans are being bred in cloning facilities on a daily basis.

To add to the point already made here, the Zerg only left Zerus a couple of thousand years ago. Not million.

That’s still extremely silly, you know. Even Warhammer 40,000 has a better sense of scale.

According to what source? The lore ain’t consistent on time.

According to the Protoss’ timeline. The Khala was invented a couple of thousand years ago. The Zerg can’t left Zerus much longer.

??? where exactly did you get a conflict from? This annoying fact is quite consistent.

The Khala is only a couple thousand years old? For real? Damn, that’s stupid.

Yep, and you’re too late, Brother. I used to argue that the Protoss’ history is stupidly compressed… Weren’t you here when that happen?

The zerg left zerus during the aeon of strife, a galactic war that lasted millions of years. Not after the khala was created, unless you’re talking about the khala that existed before the aeon.

The lore is inconsistent on this. Some sources claim a couple thousand years. Others claim many protoss generations. I doubt Blizzard actually knows the exact value or would keep it consistent if they did. Just look what they did to the scales in Warcraft.

No, they left after the War ends.

Not sure how long it lasts, but it’s not a galactic war. The Protoss barely conquered Aiur back then they’re somewhat advanced, but they can’t colonize other planet, yet.

I seriously need to see your source. My source is the manual and the campaign itself.

1 Like

OffTtopic: I reread some parts of the Sayian thread. That third eye crap and such.

I gotta say it was the first time I remember seeing you this passionate as you are relatively often recently.

Can’t remember, so I’ll say I wasn’t around. That is stupid short.

I was wondering why there is like for old post. That topic was important to me. I hate it when people misunderstand my religion. I’d rather Buddhism lost in obscurity than misunderstand.

Also, yes, I fell a bit more open up. It takes longer than usual since this is a virtual place, but I start to feel like you’re all a real friend.

I am happy to read that, but I understand your position.

I still gotta wonder what your home country is. Just my general fascination with geography among other things.