MMR Caps between servers

I was wondering how the MMR Caps on the different servers are defined? Lets say right now the cap for D1 --> M3 on EU is 4600 and on NA its 4320. What metrics are used to define this? I’m under the impression it’s mostly about population of server and unrelated to the overall skill perceived of the players on said server.

Yes, the ranges are based on population and mmr from the previous season, that’s why it changes from season to season, not always there is the same amount of players with the same amount of mmr.

1 Like

I ask this question because several leagues within the sc2 community are currently unaware of how it works and its very hard to find any official information. We have set mmr caps for different divisions and base them off blizzard boundaries. So i was hoping a representative of blizzard could confirm? I do agree with you DIogenex 100% as that would make the most sense. and please dont get me wrong i welcome everyones input. I just need something to cite i guess as rules may be based upon it.

There is official info, if people does not know it it’s because they didn’t care to find the rules of ladder.

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Battle.net_Leagues#

Leagues sizes are fixed by %,that means as long as there is different player numbers each season, the mmr in those leagues will change, different amount of people with different mmrs from season to season, the system at the end of the season checks the ladder and sees the mmrs at the limits, and then at the next season the limits are these, so if that new season more players get more mmr and the season ends, at the end the system will change the limits and will raise them because more people got more mmr.

1 Like

Yes I see that and I totally agree with you. So I guess what i’m asking is if someone can confirm officially for me please.

Idk if i still have my old links from years ago but yes the mmr ranges are base upon population. Like if they want masters to be the top 2% than they poll the active userbase and tweak the ranges accordingly.

I’m not a blizzard employee but idk how often hey post on these forums anymore. But mmr from one server to the next cant really compare as they are two separate playerbases with no interaction between each other, (as far as the mmr system is concerned at least.)

Thank you thats what i concluded as well. From what I could find at least.