Mecha Adrenal-lings

We need to find a new solution for these.

I just ran a test for it, and before researching the attack speed (no I don’t remember what stetmann called it) I had next to 0 lag problems with hydra/ling. The second that research finished, I had roughly 1-2 fps in every fight from then on.

Having to run an energy check for every attack when it’s attacking 4 times every real life second simply does not work for the game engine. There has to be a different way of applying the attack speed boost.

5 Likes

Simple - replace egonergy with „being in the purple field“ and give the former energy based spells a cooldown instead.

We‘ll need a workaround with the overload though. Loosing the shield is critical.

That basically makes his zerglings useless, since the hardened shield + green zone is what makes them so good early. It also basically means that instantly die the second they leave the Stetzone.

Couldn’t they just have something like kerri’s Hydra frenzy?

4 Likes

I always play mass ling and don’t have any problems. Doesn’t sound like game engine.

I’ve suggested in some threads that they just make all these energy based attacks become passive and only work when units have egonergy. Then they should rework this so that all mecha zerg degenerate egonergy per second when outside of a stetfield. This way it preserves the stetfield-egonergy mechanic while possibly reducing lag. In hindsight though it might be just as laggy for the game to process 100 zergling’s egonergy ticking downwards every second. Hope they find a solution soon. Stetmann’s sitting at lvl 9 because he is unplayable for me at the moment.

I would guess that the reason is that you and the very few other people who don’t have problems are playing on single core or double core computers

When computers are optimized for multi-core processing, the power of each individual core is sacrificed, so when you get a program that doesn’t support multi-core like SC2, you end up getting less performance from newer computers than from older ones.

i7 4790K cpu, no issues with stett zerglings.

The infestors can cause issues tho if massed.

Single core!?
So then either some ivy bridge processor from early 2000’s or a micro controller?

Whats the latest and fastest single core processor that has ever been released for Desktop? Some 2ghz core2 with 2MB cache?