Mass Recall Brutal Omega

Hey, not sure if this is the place to ask but I haven’t really seen any forums for it so…

Has anyone completed Mass Recall v7.x on Brutal? I have every other mission done but Omega is giving me a hell of a time. The enemy bases are incredibly well defended, so a huge attack force is needed, but building a force that big while surviving the relentless attack waves seems impossible.

is hard, i still can’t finish this in sc1 without cheating

You mean the original mission in original Starcraft: Brood War?

I was referring to the mod Mass Recall which recreates the original campaigns in the SC2 engine. It has custom difficulties, and brutal is nigh impossible on some missions, though I think I found a strategy I can win with if I grind hard enough.

I think JP was talking to lycan.

1 Like

Ah, you’re probably right my bad

1 Like

yes ,only kill to protoss, mineral crisis

The key in standard BW is to mass hydra and kill the UED first, they have no shot against a big hydra attack and then all their bases are yours, ez win.

2 Likes

ironic my instinct was to attack my favorite faction, well it was a waste of resources, ha my last copy has enough minerals to try to attack the UED

Yup, you need to defend and expand quickly. Mass Hydralisks generally, but then I transition to the usual Guardian and Devourer ball.

I’ve found I can attack either opponent in any order if I just use Hydralisks for defence and get to Guardians faster.

2 Likes

I kinda miss the old small, swarmy hydras. Most iconic Zerg unit of SC1, change my mind.

4 Likes

I’ll never understand why Kerrigan discard those strain…

In case anyone was wondering I did manage to beat it, the final “sum of best” run was 2.5 hours long, and I’d say overall I put 12-15 hours into this mission, though once I formed an actual strategy instead of just “living” it only took 3-4 hours to finish.

1 Like

For Guardians, she replaced them with Brood Lords. Don’t forget during the interbellum, Kerrigan was further evolving the Swarm. Guardians still remained in Feral broods.

Devourers are apparently still around, though not seen as often.

I mean she supposedly lost Corruptors after All In. Laziest excuse for not including Air to Air combat ever.

2 Likes

This could be personal preference, but… in what world is the Brood Lord an upgrade of the Guardian? Also, the devourer is one of the best Zerg unit hand down! It looks creepy and Zerg-ish.

1 Like

my idea was that the broodlors shoots plasma spores but the remnants these plasma explosions metabolize inorganic and oranic matter to grow into broodlin creating a mix between guardian and the zerg queen, I do not swear in the forums and clearly blizzard I do not consider it and not in the forums so we have the brrodlord just being a bad mother and tried to replace a long distance bomber with a paratrooper spear that tries to kill you with the kinetic force of his fall

I’m not sure if “upgrade” is the right term, but it was a replacement. Kerrigan decided Brood Lords > Guardians.

For my own part, I found their use and application to be identical.

I agree the Devourer is very cool.