Map editor crashes at launch on Mac M1

Hello, I have a Mac mini M1 and I’m trying to open the map editor just to launch a custom campaign. Anyways, the thing is that when I try to open it (or even just open the map editor) it says:

Error. StarCraft II has encountered an error while initializing your video card. Please try starting StarCraft II again, or restarting your machine. If the problem persists, for more information consult our support website at Blizzard Support.

Any clues on how to fix this? Thank you very much

7 Likes

Same issue and error message on MacBook Air M1.

I have tried a fresh re-install twice with no success to get SC Editor to start past the error message.

Any progress or suggestions on this?

1 Like

experiencing the same problem here!

1 Like

Having the same problem. M1 MacMini, macOS 11.2.2 (20D80), StarCraft v5.0.7.84643

Tried deleting all the saved editor state data and temp files, no change.

1 Like

I really love how absolutely no one is chiming in on this. I also really love how you can’t even upload a screenshot of the error in question.

Blizzard is well and truly dead.

Oh, and also, this makes it absolutely f***ing impossible to play any kind of custom maps.

So, wonderful job Blizz.

Any news on this issue? waiting for a fix myself

Four months later and still no fix?

Blizzard… any word on this ?

Still waiting as well

Same here Blizzard. How about you peel off a dev and give us some love.

Contacted Blizzard support. Got this reply:

Currently the Starcraft II editor does not work on M1 macs. I cannot say if this is something that will be resolved and our recommendation is to report the issue on the SC2 bug report forums.

And they directed me to this thread…

Bumping the thread before it auto-closes.

I had the same issue, but I was able to get the editor working on crossover. I have also heard that it can be run with just wine but I haven’t been able to test this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.