Mac Error just started happening today

I have been playing sc2 for several years never had a problem. Today i am getting this error 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. The game just crashed and I haven’t been able to get back in.

I looked at all the different fixes, nothing seems to do the trick. Any idea what I can do on a mac to fix this?

I went through all the possible solutions none of them worked. Note: I can play league of legends just fine. So I ruled out that my graphic card is isn’t working.

My graphic: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

Proc : 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
memory: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Mac: 13.2 (22D49)

So when the game client crashes, a crash reporting tool will attempt to collect data about the crash and send that to us. When it does, it generates an ID we can use to look up that report. However getting all 0s for the ID means the crash reporting tool was unable to to generate a report.

What this means is we would have no information about the crash or what might be causing it.

I recommend the following general steps and if that does not solve the issue, I recommend submitting a ticket (Click your name at the top right, then choose support, then contact support.) Be sure to include the requested system reports as that will help our agents investigate and troubleshoot the problem with you.

Perform the steps listed on this article to remove the Blizzard Desktop Application from the system: Uninstalling the Battle.net Desktop App - Blizzard Support

Once that is done, download a fresh copy of the app from our website and reinstall.

Let’s reset the in game user options:

1. Click the blue bnet icon on the bnet app.
  2. Choose settings, then game settings.
  3. Click the reset in game user options button under the correct game listing.
  4. Confirm the changes and close the window.

We will want to run the repair tool on the game client: Repairing Battle.net Games - Blizzard Support

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Our clients do not support installation on encrypted drives using programs such as File Vault. There can be issues installing, updating, launching or connection issues due to the encryption. If drive encryption has been enabled, please disable it and allow the drive to decrypt: Checking for FileVault - Blizzard Support

Create a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

Thanks i’ll try all those things

unfortunately, none of those steps helped. Thanks for trying.

Hello DeathRobe

Have you tried making a separate user-account on your macbook and making sure to name it —> SC2

It seems some strange bugs have occurred on some(all?) macs with sc2 where SC2 is unable to find the folders for its saves/options/files. If you make a new user on your mac and name it SC2 it seems to find the files and as such you’re able to save your settings/replays/etc etc

Not sure if this will fix your issue but if you want to play it’s worth a try. I think I may be missing one part of the workaround though, I think you have to right click SC2 and then press “more info” and then allow your account to “read and write” for sc2 allow your new SC2 user-account to read and write if it doesn’t have permission and then start SC2 and hopefully that works for you

Thank you for the ideas, none of them worked. It’s okay I am going to go play league of legends I’ll check back in a couple of months or a year or so and see if any updates happened.

Note: I played the game just fine for the past few years on this mac. Never had a problem till one day I did for no particular reason. My mac is always up to date, I use it for business.

Starcraft literally crashed in the middle of a game and hasn’t worked since. I have done every possible troubleshooting I could do, I even scoured the internet for any clues.

So whilst I have been playing blizzard games for a couple of decades, I am moving on for now.

I am 47 i’d say I am relatively competent with using computers and sorts of software.

I am convinced this has nothing to do with my computer. League of Legends plays flawlessly with everything maxed out. So I am going with its something on your end and one of your past updates that caused this error to emerge.

Your company can choose to figure it out and address it or not.

I already wasted too many hours trying to figure out how to get this game to work again.

Thank you though for responding back.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.