Low FPS (30 fps on good day)

I have disabled everything I can think of … even whatis on almost every service. Short of rebooting … can’t resolve the issue of 30 FPS. Any recommendations?

Can’t figure out how to attach screenshot so …
Processor: 2.4 ghz 8-core Intel i9
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Any recommendations appreciated. :pray:

you are using mac right

Even in menu’s I am as low as 12 fps.

your whole entire problem is your using a mac. macs are terrible for gaming. In the pc gameing world macs are the trashiest thing to have because of there performance towards games. first off mac os runs completely differently from windows, architecture wise and has problems with most games cause of this. Second you dont actually have a graphics card in your mac, you have a gpu die soldered directly to the mobo, and that die is and always will be the M version of the gpu, which means mobile. Mobiles are less powerfull versions of better chips. they also have all there power delivery done by the mobo rather than when use a true graphics card, the card does the power delivery becuase its a completely seperate unit. macs are really only good for video editing, and even then its not even that much better at it. Also most macs have horrible airflow and cooling design, which also limits perfermance.

True about MBP in general … I do have the upgraded graphics card. However, I have the settings setup such that last season I was running at 60 fps consistently. Only time I had to turn on metrics was late at night when I was playing Aussie servers.

On a side note … eff M$ Windows … I’d rather build out a linux box and play there but then you’d be complaining about it being a Linux environment.

In addition, this is Mac Technical Support … recommending purchasing a Windows license is not a realistic support response.

well im not support, im just telling you the problem, so you know, theres that.

Secondly linux is great for alot of things the only downfall is you still have problems with gaming even with linux, as its still arm architecture vs windows x86, which is what most games are built around. sc2 is very hard to get working on linux and i know that for a fact because i have tried to go the linux route, but the coding gets very complicated and tedious for that matter. i preferable would love to get away from windows just because of all the extra bs they throw in to there os’s.

on a side note if you think 60fps is good for sc2 your sadly mistaken. you should be hitting around 150 at the very least. I usually hit around 200-300 on my rig, and thats a ryzen 5 5600 paired with a radeon rx 5700xt. even with my old gtx 1070 i was hitting around 200, and my very old gt 730 would hit around 60 to 70.

also, you wouldnt be buying just a windows licence if you wanted to go that route. youd have to build a whole pc first, as you cannot install windows on mac pcs.