LotV short stories

Well, thank Mengsk we got Subsourian.

-/www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/8ecdbm/an_archive_of_the_starcraft_short_stories_and/

HERE I POSTED A LINK, BECAUSE THOSE STORIES CAN’T BE FOUND ON YOUR WICKED SITE.

1 Like

Kind of $hitty of Blizzard to just delete all the lore and then never throw it back up again.

5 Likes

Makes it easier to retcon stuff they forgot about

It’s a damn pity. Read only LotV ones right after release, but loved every one of them.

And Broken Wide is just awesome. (Pre-WoL)

I love violent but good medics for obvious reasons.

I’m talking about the unit descriptions too. There was some good stuff in there.

3 Likes

Well we sadly can’t expect Sub to salvage everything.

Most of it’s documented on the wiki anyway but it’d be nice to have the primary source.

I have never read any of these stories but I shall give them a strong go.

Sub asked a bunch of employees at blizzcon about getting the section back up and got a pretty universal “not our department, sorry” from them, so i guess it’s a complicated thing to bring to people’s attention. When the section was still up, but decaying, a bunch of us contacted the web masters about all the lost WoL-era stories and nothing really came of it.

Hopefully it comes back somewhere, it’s a massive loss

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this sad info.

Starcraft is right now the Blizzard franchise with the least amount of work and effort put into it. Until a new game is announced I highly doubt they will bother re-uploading the Short stories. And considering the rumors during the year of a Starcraft project getting canned for D4 and Overwatch 2, that’ll take a few years at least…

Wasn’t the StarCraft project a shooter game?

Yeah, ARES was a starcraft shooter in the overwatch engine, as part of blizzard’s tests to see what they could do with it

What are they thinking? It can’t be that complicated to upload those texts, can’t it?

Those writers have done a lot of great job and now it’s gone… what a waste!

Not entirely. Just go to that dropbox link.

I was working on the unit/character/planet pages, at least in making an archive of working Wayback Machine links, but some pages (Hellbat springs to mind) had all of their snapshots throwing errors so I never was able to.

I’ll probably try to get what I can after I recover from BlizzCon. Yeah sadly nobody was able to say they could back up those, haven’t given up pestering them though.

4 Likes

Yeah, even if you got all short story. I’m still mad. They shouldn’t rely on fan to preserve their own story. Blizzard haven’t going under, yet, right?

Don’t give up! Your work is very important. I wish it’s redundant, but sadly, it’s vital.

How is the protest, anyway? Is there any?

Tame, I think the fact they just let it happen meant nobody was actually disruptive aside from some small stuff in the WoW panel. A good number of HK shirts and Winnie the Pooh costume (even I had a pin) but it really was mild and never really got in the way of anything.

How did it go? 202020

If you mean pulling the wayback link for the pages, I did a little more but got distracted with making stuff to pull commander quotes for the wiki, but now that that’s done I’ll probably get back to it in the time before updating stuff for Mengsk buries me for a week.

2 Likes