Lost Viking: Link to Mission Archive?

Short version: do you think it would be worthwhile for Blizzard to put a link to the Lost Viking minigame from the Wings of Liberty campaign into the Mission Archive?

The reason I’m bringing this up is the fact that I actually went through Wings of Liberty for the first time to completion without ever playing Lost Viking. What I didn’t realize was that the moment I lost access to the Hyperion’s Cantina, I wasn’t able to play Lost Viking any more. By extension, the Lost Viking achievements became inaccessible.

The only way to fix my situation was to start a completely new Wings of Liberty campaign playthrough… which, in turn, resets the mission archive and prevents me from replaying later levels until I clear them in the new playthrough (which unfortunately makes sense, due to the upgrade system).

I can imagine some other newer players falling into this trap (as well as some other players being annoyed at this, if they ever wanted to replay the Lost Viking minigame for whatever reason).

Would this save enough grief to be worth the effort, or should players just bite the bullet and take the campaign reset for not paying enough attention?

4 Likes

Well, definitely would be helpul, but i don’t think Blizzard care enough about this particular thing.
Don’t you have any saves of WoL campaign? Preferably on Hyperion but if not the case than load any mission (except 1 or 2) , beat it and you will be back on Hyperion.

Is Lost Viking playable during the Char campaign?

Oh, forgot about that. Not playable during last 3 missions of WoL too (after start of attack on Char).

Well, while I did go ahead and start a new campaign so I could get to Lost Viking (which thankfully only took an hour or so to learn and get the achievements for), seems I still have an autosave from before I started the new campaign, meaning I can use it to access the entire mission archive again. Thank you for pointing this out.