Looking to hand off weekly mutation posts; forum trust level 3 required

If you view the JSON version of a lvl 3 user’s profile (click on their profile icon and then add .json to the end of the URL), you’ll also see “user_count” which (I think) is the number of people in that group/trust level:

You can see this even if you aren’t of that level, as long as you view the profile of someone who is. Eg.

My first decree as president would be to remove me as president. :rofl: Also, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that that was your 420th post :wink:

3 Likes

Nice.

Definitely for president :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m just TL3. Only Bliz folk are TL4.

The “5” user count are the members of a custom made group for MVPs, meaning in the SC2 forums (only), there are 5 flagged as MVPs:

1 Like

Ah, ok. Wrong assumption by me. Then a correct example of an actual level 4 profile would be Cydra - https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/u/Cydra-1732.json which shows the groups:

• trust_level_0 to 3
  • trust_level_4 (104 users)
  • staff (114)
  • admins (21)
  • community-manager (2)

If the primary issue is the forum activity needed to maintain level 3, I could write you a script which will do the browsing/reading for you. It won’t do any posting or liking, though. (It could but it shoudn’t.) You’d just need to run it once a day or once a week before you go to work or sleep so it runs for an hour or so in the background.

Not sure if that would run afoul of forum policies but if it’s just “read-only” activities (pun intended), then maybe it’ll be okay. @Leviathan - any idea if that would have negative results?

Edit: FWIW, I don’t think the issue is the number of posts you’ve read or time spent reading. I surely haven’t read that many. Your “recent_time_read” is nearly double mine. It’s the interactions (replies and likes) which you’re missing. I think even responding to the weekly mutation threads would be enough.

1 Like

I had level 3 trust a while back. Not sure about now. I only skim through Co-op subforums though, and only then a few threads that are interesting.

Maybe you should just let it die. Seriously, with how much you contribute, Blizzard should just make you a MVP. Those guys have a permanent level 3 access, right?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like SC2 has an MVP program any more.

The last two active MVPs no longer are, and there’s never been new ones since.

That’s not reason why CtG shouldn’t be promoted, though. I’m sure the Mod is around here somewhere and should find a way to fix this somehow.

@Moderator

Seriously, other than lurking, silently judge and ban us, what good are you? This problem is three days old and you can’t do anything?

5 Likes

So accurate. At least that’s the feel always.

I agree, surely the moderator has noticed all of CTG’s weekly posts, they should be able to fix this. Of course, then again, there are still things that need fixed within SC2 itself such as broken masteries that don’t get fixed.

It makes me sad, what has Blizzard become?! This forum issue should be an easy fix.

Heh… when I read your thread title, I was thinking this may be the reason you’re looking for someone else to take over! :open_mouth: :smiley:

I had TL3 roughly about from 2 to 1 years back. It did feel great… you can post external links without doing those stupid workarounds. I did lose it a few months back. Agree with CtG and others… it just isn’t worth the effort. A big part of the problem is it seems like it’s feast or famine. Either you’re VERY constantly on here, or you’re right back to TL2. Since there’s no middle ground, may as well cut your losses and stick with TL2

For myself, there have been many changes, including but not limited to:
1> I haven’t played in a long while, so there’s been less for me to discuss. Hell, until I get back, I’ve even stopped looking at the weekly Mutations
2> My workplace blocked this and a few other sites through a group policy update. When I’m done with work, I got so many other things I’d like to do (e.g. cook, chores, workout, view some of the other sites I couldn’t at work)
3> I’ve gotten back into other video games, and finally jumped on Hulu ($24 per year for the version with ads! :sunglasses: ), so even less time there.

So, did you end up finding someone in the end? :thinking:

1 Like

OK, thanks: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/u/budgerboo-1536.json
So I am…TL3? Trust level 3, right? Or am I null?

Violent Night Void Launch

hmm…since the map border isn’t showing…then I must be “null” or I had TL3 but lost it…RIP.

Seems to be lvl 3, try to post a link outside the vetted ones, say SC2Coop or liquipedia or something.

Clearly we need to get Leviathan to do the posts, meddling MVP powers will stop trust levels from getting away with it, right? :crazy_face: Tis a joke, not wanting to press it on them

(Between weird job hours, me not playing mutations much, and an unreliability of keeping lvl 3 I can’t say I’m up to the task. Was playing with a project on the forums last year 2019, trust levels messed it up more than once so I don’t trust it for myself)

1 Like

So is this why no mutation thread for this week?

Unfortunately, I don’t have the dedication or the skill to take it over!

If the mutation followes suit this week, the mutation is Wheel of Misfortune which is the Chaos Studios mutator. That’s a constant rotation of random mutators through out the game, so every game is different. I suspect if there isn’t a post by CtG, it’s because of that random aspect.

2 Likes

Calm down, kids. I was late for work so I had to run off before being able to post the thing this week.

4 Likes
  1. If you could post that link, or even quote it in a reply, then you’re TL3.
    • even though it’s a “forum” link, since it doesn’t point to a thread, bnet forums consider that an external link. At least, IIRC when I initially tried to post such links a year ago.
  2. In your JSON, if you see group name: "trust_level_3", then you’re TL3.

The problem is, when I try to copy CtG’s link, it doesn’t show the map border, for exemple:

Wheel of Misfortune Oblivion Express

The Void itself bleeds into reality, warping the very fabric of space and time. Battlefield Conditions change at random and never stay stable for long. All bets are off, commanders. Be ready for anything.

Chaos Studios

Reddit: https://redd.it/65ttpu
Team Liquid: Mutation #49: Wheel of Misfortune

Brutal+2

it appears I lost Trust level 3, because the border/icons aren’t showing for the mutation difficulty, and borders for the map/mutation name, right? I have Trust level 2, at most, right?

the link I posted says “Trust_level_null” after “Trust_level_3” so I gained it, then lost it, if I’m understanding correctly.