Lone Wolf Rework

After grinding all the way up past p1 Tychus to make it to the fabled opaf lone wolf I discovered something. It was boring. Incredibly boring. And I don’t think a simple nerf is going to fix that. The whole point of Tychus is to play in a squad. So here is my idea.

Instead of incentivizing us to split up our units or just not hire new outlaws at all why not switch it up completely and make it a 2 man squad mode instead? Call it Alpha and Omega or something along those lines if you want to keep the whole wolf motif. Give massive bonuses depending on which type of buddy you bring: Fixers give a cooldown boost almost as big as p1 that also effects medivacts and the odin, muscles give massive hp and healing boost, and guns give bonus damage and attack speed. The drawback being that all of your engineering bay upgrades are disabled. Just some ideas I had rattling around. I seriously believe that nerfs are not going to save this prestige, especially not the one planned to go into effect. A rework seems like a much better idea. Anyone else have some ideas for how to fix this mess?

Dmg bonus changed to +25% per outlaw on field (from 75%)

gear cost +100% (from +25%)

Whenever Sirius/Vega have the bonuses their Turrets/MC units get the bonus

1 Like

p2 is the only one that mixes up his a playstyle a tiny bit, would have perfered if his p1 did something like just letting you mass outlaws even if they were like 10x weaker and if his p3 did something like giving you a headstart with the odin right at the very beginning for like 5 minutes, but then you dont get it the rest of the match similar to the campaign level with the odin. Or maybe a prestiege that simply let you get duplicates of the same outlaw.

1 Like

Honestly instead of all this overly complicated stuff why don’t they just address the 100% power at minute three issue and just tie say the boost to ramp up with upgrades.

Say, lone wolf could start at + 75% attack, and every attack upgrade could grant 20% additional, up to 155%-175% at max. But in exchange you lose the early game power.

Meanwhile for damage reduction you could change it to -40% damage at the start, increasing by -5% damage taken for each armor upgrade up to - 60-65% damage reduction at the end game. Then for a trade off, perhaps allow ultimate gears for non tychus players and also apply the buff to Sirius turrets and Vega mcs when their respective outlaws meet the conditions. But you are limited to 2-3 outlaws per game with +100% recruitment times and gears cost 75% more.

1 Like

The prestige works fine, how about we devote a little more time on fixing the ones that are clearly not favored at all? You know? Like Kerri’s P1, Swann’s P1, HH’s P3, just to name a few.

By god, the number of outcries from “oh it’s too OP” to “oh not OP enough” to “let’s entirely overhaul it”. Yeah, it could be more optimized and done better, but you know what? Let’s let functional prestige be and fix the non-functional ones first. How’s that hmm?

I do agree with you in that other prestiges should get looked at. However, not only is Tychus a fan favorite, he’s also by far the easiest commander to use. Because of this, a ton of paying players use Tychus so you’ll see a disproportionate amount of discussion revolve around him.

Could change it to be something like:
Advantage: Able to hire multiple duplicate copy of the same hero.
Disadvantage: no Odin.
Or:
Advantage: Hire the same hero again “Upgrade” the hero, increase their stats significantly
Disadvantage: Hero start with 50% of their original strength.