Lone wolf didn't need a nerf

The biggest problem with any co-op game I’ve played is that devs tend to nerf things instead of buffing mechanics/items/skills. Tychus traded a stronger late game for a stronger early game, which gave him excellent synergy with the commanders with slower starts.

If a prestige is underperforming(Like Stukov’s 1rst prestige) then maybe trying reworking WHY it’s underperforming instead of nerfing other commanders. In Stukov’s case, it still takes way too long to pump out mech units and you end up building a barracks anyways because of this.

Tychus’s lone wolf makes allies feel useless but allows allies to have a much more powerful late-game that eclipses Tychus. The scoreboard usually reflects this; the exception being low lvl commanders and newer/low-skill players.

This needs to be addressed because the Devs have already made it clear that they have their eyes on the other commander prestige talents. If you like your commander’s prestige talent it’s important to vocalize buffing underperforming prestige talents; lest your favorite prestige ends up on the chopping block.

8 Likes

I don’t miss every game being a Tychus player soloing 3/4 of the map before most commanders have a decent army.

27 Likes

But people want to be as impactful as Tychus while they’re sitting at home macroing when they wouldn’t be attacking anyway, man. Come on!

I think they just need to revamp it and add a way to punish you for not being reckless. Increase the risk of dying for added damage.

1 Like

I would have perfered it they just nerfed only the tychus damage and not all of all the other outlaws too, or if they did something more intricate like some people have suggested by making it only give you an extra 25% at the beginning, but then making each additional outlaw on the field grant all existing outlaws an extra 25% dmg up to 125% bonus dmg.

lol. Lone Wolf didn’t need a nerf? Tychus was already one of the easiest, if not the easiest Commander to play in the game. Lone Wolf just took that and made it even easier. 150% was WAY too much. Tychus and Nux alone can just win games off of that kind of boost.

14 Likes

Lone Wolf is only a problem for lower level skill players. It still will be boring for low skill player to play with high skill players because the gap in skill is not going anywhere.

I play Keri and Aba and keep up with LW easily. So does it mean that they will nerf Keri and Aba too?

I had a Karax ally who could not make an army with 40% cost reduction. I had to clear the map, do objectives, defend our bases. The game was boring for him cause I had to do everything. Learn to play better.

12 Likes

Fun detected, Must destroy.

Lone wolf seems OP with player who can separate micro them well. In other hand, I’ve seen many Tychus lone wolf who lost their outlaw to Amon Forces by not paying attention or being nuke by hybrid dominator or fight against protoss reaver/immortal.
Outlaws gain buff in sacrifice for more micro is fair enough… but with this nerf you’ll be forced to have MORE micro to keep outlaw alive and more micro = more stress = less fun. Thank you Blizzard for ruining everything.

10 Likes

People always love to say Tychus is easy. Know what’s even easier? Macroing until you have an unstoppable army that you can literally waypoint A-move across the map and kick your feet up while occasionally dropping a calldown that wipes an entire screen. I see that just as often.

10 Likes

So true. Some people go for +3/3/3 before starting to make units 20 min into the game. While their Tychus ally micros his bum off. Apparently that is boring.

5 Likes

Some people in RTS communities seem to think macroing is the more skill-intensive use of APM than spot-on microing. I tend to lean the other way. Macroing is formulaic and there’s a reason you see people still going through the motions of it even after they know a game is over (as I’ve seen plenty of times while watching replays from an ally’s perspective), because they’re just in that mental mode of MAKE STUFF MAKE STUFF, KEEP THE MACHINE RUNNING. Meanwhile, micro requires constant decision-making if you’re staying active and walking your two outlaws on the razor’s edge.

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t know what is this “intensive macro” people refer to.

By 6 min both bases are saturated and all tech is built on most if not all commanders. For 4 min there are no attacks. Between 4 and 6 min we get a weak 1st wave.

With full saturation and tech in 6 min there is nothing to do but to micro you army for the next 7-15 min.

1 Like

I don’t mind lone wolf. It’s super strong early game, but gets weaker as the game goes on.

Only noobs use it anyway, experienced and skilled players use harder commanders anyways

3 Likes

You kind of know that this nerf was coming. Most of the players in this community requested and devs delivered.

75% extra dmg with 50% dmg red is still PLENTY strong.

5 Likes

I would say Lone Wolf actually does not deserve the damage nerf since the stats it is given is the only reason it can compete with the other two. Yet that doesn’t mean the prestige alone is fine.

Overall, from what I’ve seen is, it needs to demand more skill from the player, like forcing an extreme usage of control groups plus location sets. That is because those “skills” it currently demands from the player are just Tychus basics. And honestly allow Lone Wolf Tychus to utilize Rattlesnake or Nikara as a healing stop makes Tychus become even more no-brainer.

In conclusion, I hope they could implement something like the “Inspiration” mechanic I suggested and revert back just a bit the damage nerf.

Edited:

The power of love is always strong in Co-op. It has been shown with Zeratul before and now-Tychus.

In some maps, exactly.

1 Like

There is no late game when we play with Lone Wolf Tychus.

6 Likes

Lone wolf trivialized Cold is the Void. Trivialized. Do I need to say any more than that?

10 Likes

Nah it absolutely did. The drawback for it was too weak for how strong it was.

8 Likes

Imagine creating a prestige called “Lone Wolf” and beeing able to solo brutal maps with solo Tychus and then nerfing it to the ground.

LW deserved a nerf to +100% damage/50% reduction, but not 75%.

1 Like

Nah, screw off. Lone Wolf is retarded levels of OP.
And no, instead of nerfing we should not buff everything up to its level. Brutal is getting way too easy already, we don’t need more power creep.

And no, it does not fall off by late game. Nux can kill a fleet of carriers with a single one of his psionic storms.

4 Likes

There generally wasn’t much of one with stock Tychus though.