Lobby loads problems

I take it that the hackcers are stopping from playing a custom game or matched games. I wish some one would fix this or just block the country that the hackers are comming from

4 Likes

Yes, they have started their weekly sunday shutdown, refer to the many other threads on the matter for ways to keep playing.

1 Like

Hey all,

Looks like it has started back up again. Typical weekend attack time where they hope there’s less staff to notice/catch them.

First, block a whole country? So, take out everyone in that country in the process? What if it’s yours?

Second, that’s not how this exploit works.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a pretty absurd request.

1 Like

Stating the obvious isn’t going to resolve this. Everyone here knows this is happening on the weekends - the question is, how is Blizzard going to fix this?

Looks like it has started back up again. Typical weekend attack time where they hope there’s less staff to notice/catch them.

This is Blizzard’s job to get this fixed instead of stating the obvious. Some of us paid for this game to play, and we should not have to deal with this every weekend. Some of us also can only play on the weekends after working during the week. Constantly getting crashed and kicked out during the days that we can finally relax and de-stress is not what we’re looking for.

2 Likes

No idea, unfortunately.

And, I don’t disagree with the rest of what you said. However, the fact remains that the game is out of development, something that all games will eventually experience no matter who makes them, or if they were purchased or not. And that wholly changes the handling of the game.

For example, if Bliz decides to fix it, it’s going to take much longer than usual because there is simply no one at Bliz who works on the game. Meaning, staff have to be pulled from other, active depts. And those depts/staff have priorities of their own.

1 Like

You fix it by arresting them for Cyber Crimes.

Arresting the creator/initiator won’t stop this anymore than arresting the author of a computer virus.

No, Dark, it’s fairly obvious that it’s fixed by patching the exploit. And with that being the first line of defense, it’s highly unlikely that any law enforcement will go on an arresting spree because copycats are disrupting an old, fixable video game.

It appears you’ve been on a legal kick and presenting yourself as knowledgeable on the situation since this issue took off. Even if you are, big businesses have fleets of attorneys who specialize and have years of experience in thier respective arenas. In short, they know far, far, far more than anyone on the outside.

1 Like

Paste this in your hosts file
https://pastebin.com/9FUU6VBH

They are changing up the urls, so previous hosts file fixes won’t work. Have to update it.

not repar yet. I can go to custom game. When I try the game froze.

1 Like

This is a really cheap way of saying we don’t have any of the people who worked on this and we aren’t going to have anyone work on this. Be sure to get your blizzdogs and blizzcolas on the way out.

1 Like

It’s completely normal to be frustrated.
However, don’t let it cloud reason, logic, objectivity, etc. Especially when about to make statements contrary to observable reality.

It’s fairly common knowledge among those who spend time in the Bliz circles. So, outright reiterating the reality of things is “cheap”?

Interesting interpretation seeing anyone playing the arcade this week has witnessed Bliz working on it.

1 Like

do a backtrace! - the consequences will never be the same.

So the mistake is on us for not playin a AAA seasonal title.
Noted.
Sad.