List of bugs related to mengsk

-trooper drop pod bugged
-ghost emp doesn’t remove all energy as stated in description, but only half
-medivac says it is detector, however it can’t detect

any bugs i have missed related to mengsk?

3 Likes

Maybe I’m crazy but medivacs don’t seem to move when I have them in a control group with troopers and issue an attack command.

3 Likes

oh right, forgot about that one. they just stay idle and don’t follow attack commands.

1 Like

Oh, and another thing. When I tried to move troopers from one bunker to another but there was no free space around the bunker, it was not possible. It is possible to “teleport” your units using a long chain of bunkers in 1v1 so I think this also might be a bug.

Not quite, it’s actually the fact that the medic AI is built around stim. Let me explain.

Medivacs when issued an attack command will seek out nearby targets to heal, but they don’t do it by just blindly moving to the target location until they find something (unless they are Nikara). They will stop when they find a biological unit that is attacking an enemy, and then they will stop at healing range away from that unit.

Now, if they find another damaged bio unit within a certain distance, they will instead go to follow that unit. This way, they don’t just get stuck following the back unit in your army. But the damaged unit has to be really close to the unit they are following.

So how does stim come in? Well, stim means that all the bio units are slightly damaged, meaning there is always a slightly damaged bio unit right in front of the unit the medivac is following. Thus, medivacs leapfrog their way to the front.

Basically, it’s a safeguard that prevents medics from walking ahead of the army and dying (good) but the algorithm behind it assumes stim is being used, which is a problem because mengsk doesn’t have stim.

You need free space in 1v1 as well, it’s just that with these chains the sides of the chain are free space, so it works.

Mengsk doesn’t need stim. He has the power of the people behind him!!! Fire them all!!!

Mengsk’s medivacs aren’ t detectors, Imperial witnesses are. Drop pods has been fixed. That leaves ghost emp (don’t know about that) and intercessors not moving when amove is used (VERY ANNOYING)

there was a minor bug I found that you could have troopers build earthshakers before you unlocked them. Laborers could not but troopers could

That’s what my whole stim/medivacs explanation was about.

Yeah, I see, but it still “feels” bugged; however I solved it by putting intercessors and witnesses in the same Cgroup, and moving them with move command… witnesses go to the slaughter if Amoved with everything else, and I can’t lose that gas no sir…

Oh and then there’s the ebay upgrade for bunker range that only “cost” 60 seconds… no gas\mine… is this intended or bug? I’d say bug but who knows

Ive seen the Witness giving the damage buff while stationary that I’ve seen coming from H&H’s ravens, not sure if this is intentional or not.

I’ve seen one basic visual bug:
On his unit card his battlecruisers have Y for tactical jump and T for Yamato cannon as their hotkeys. However, the buttons are reversed in the game (T for jump, Y for cannon). It’s a pretty tame bug though