Let's talk about Vorazun

I have no problems with Vorazun and I do not consider it a worse / slower way. Simply this map is simpler when using Void Rays. Once you reach their critical mass, the rest is just a-move. You only have to watch out for hybrids, they can hurt.

P1 is good for those who don’t know how to play Vorazun.

There, that’s fixed now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Seriously though, I would need a much better incentive to give up so much mobility and the manual emergency rescue option.

Once I got the hang of Vora it’s rare I lose any DTs to a wave. But it does mean playing with the cooldown timings and crowd control. Also things like actively targetting Shadow Fury and blinking away is great at chewing away at strong terran encampments when you’ve got limited units. “Haha, can’t touch this”!

1 Like

after hearing everyone’s opinion on p3 vorazun, im kinda interested to find out how strong it is myself.
im kinda wondering tho, is the shadow guard duration mastery affected by the duration reduction of p3?

Yes, non-P3 will be 60 second normal, 120 with full mastery.

P3 is 36 normal, 72 with mastery.

2 Likes

I just played with my friend yesterday. He was Vorazun P3. Only the original shadow guards (that you call for 50 solarite) were resurrected. Those that returned with the time stop weren’t.

In details: you call down 4 shadow guards for 50 solarite at 3 minutes. You use time stop after they time out. These previous 4 shadow guards return. You call down shadow guard for 50 solarite when the cooldown is over. The next time stop only returns 8 units, instead of 12.

Yeah, it would be quite broken if they were:

1 Like

That’s how it works. Otherwise the build up of Shadow Guard is far too quick as outlined above.

Only the Shadow Guard casted via top bar will return:

1. Each Shadow Guard is still just 4 SG any time you cast. This doesn’t change ever.
  2. All previously cast SG return on each Time Stop. So 4 x 2 = 8 or 4 x 3 = 12, etc.
  3. Time Stop does not actually add Shadow Guard, only Shadow Guard add to the TS Shadow Guard count.

This will still give you somewhere around 24 Shadow Guards in a 15min ish game if you continuously used SG and TS. Not that I’m saying you need it.

Does the targeted P3 time stop still break lock and load, and cause Amon to send out near constant attacks on the locks?

I think it does because the time stop is the same, only spawns shadow guards along

It says “Time Stop is targeted”. I assume it works like P3 Artanis shield overcharge, and it isn’t global.

As folks can tell I don’t have Vorazun P3.

It is still a universal time stop, the targeted bit is misleading cause its only talking about where the Shadow Guard are spawned.

3 Likes

Yeah, it gives you a small AoE casting icon, which is deceptive. At first glance might feel like you’re TS’ing that tiny area lol. However, that’s just where you want the past SGs to spawn. TS itself will globally stop all units/structures.

What gives this super high utility is you can summon an unstoppable, super high DPS army anywhere with vision. So your army can be in one spot, TS’d SGs summoned across the map if you wish. And P3 doesn’t lose recall like P1 lol.

It is just a P0 on steroid.

5 Likes

Ya it’s not that good at all, if it’s like the shield overcharge one with arty. You have to click it and then manually apply it each time.

I haven’t used that Vora prestige yet but I can already assume time stop isn’t nearly as good.

I think you should read the 2 previous posts.

2 Likes

This is why it’s hard to explain anything on the forum haha.

Also, Sinatra’s P3 Shield Overcharge is better than other prestiges. There is never a single moment in coop where you’re getting attacked on multiple fronts. You’re either at said engagement or you’re away. Whichever the case, you only need local OC. P3 is not only quicker on cooldown, it is large enough (screen worth) to cover yours and your ally’s army.

I really wish people understood these mechanics better instead of just knocking on them.

2 Likes

Wow so wrong. Clearly not a ladder player either. There are plenty of times where your base or ally’s base might be getting attacked while you are out on objective.

Obviously not familiar with Artanny as well. Having all your buildings and every unit is shielded is way better than a targeted one. There are many times when your ally isn’t even with you and you can’t shield him.

Wow. Keep playing your moba commanders and thinking that it’s skill.

I should quote you all day for being how arrogant you are lol, for being “clearly a ladder player”.

If you’re being attacking by a wave in your base while your army is out elsewhere… you know what that actually means???

It means you’re out of position because you played poorly. Being such a “good” ladder player, it is honestly very surprising you don’t understand the importance of army positioning.

Then again, why take my word for it? https://starcraft2coop.com/ Go do some reading and point out to me just how often double wave show up in coop. Rare at best, TotP being a good example.

Oh wait, then again, lest we forget. Shield Overcharge isn’t the only ability P3 or Artanis has :open_mouth: What a shocker right?? Armies can be split, Orbital/Fanatics are available, Solar Bombardment is a thing, :thinking: hmmm… what else… OH RIGHT! You have an ally too in coop! How wrong am I that your ally is entirely incapable of dealing with a wave without YOUR SHIELD OVERCHARGE. RIP GG.

HOLY COW!

2 Likes

Well…
Mist Opportunities 4th bot wave.
Malwarfare when you have to defend attack waves and clear Suppresion Tower defenders.
DoN if it takes too long.
Cradle of Death with all its truck waves and attack waves happening when you are trying to push.

1 Like

Another reason to hate Cradle of Death:
If ally doesn’t take the truck out of the base you can get the truck waves from both sides. This can make you waste your time defending and not actually pushing the objective in some cases.

Okay, granted my statement was a generalisation but it is more often true than not. And Uther’s incessant poor attitude is indicative why he plays poorly (which he rather blame the game than his own lack of skills).

So let’s take a look at the ones you posted.

The 4th bot double wave is at 19:50 and 19:55 respectively. There are a total of 27 bot-waves on MO. 1 out of 27 waves (not including other map-waves, which are all single waves)

The last terminal has a double Suppression Tower spawn (similar to TotP double Thrasher spawn). There is a corresponding wave that spawns with both the towers but not an actual map-wave that overlaps with this. The issue here as is with most, the players are not clearing far enough ahead. The pattern of tower spawn is quite predictable.

There are a total of 24 terminal-related waves give or take. 1 out of 24 waves that actually double spawn.

This map is unique on its own, and I’ve said many times to everyone on this forum - “finish before N3 for your own sake”. Also, how does a constant stream of infested help with a twice as long Shield Overcharge that lasts 20sec? The context here is Uther insisting global SO is better cuz “he can’t get back with his army”. During the night, what is the army doing away from the base (if there’s nothing to defend?). And if there is static or army, then why is global SO necessary?

This is another player induced issue. Here’s how CoD truck-waves work:

• Starting with objective 2 (2nd area), waves spawn 2min to 1min apart near the trucks, generally 2-3 truck-waves each area/objective.
  • Near the truck, I repeat near the truck. Far too many players leave their truck on one side of the map, or in their base meanwhile their ally has their truck pushing. This causes the waves to spawn 1 on one side while the other near the pushing army. This gives the “illusion” that there’s a double wave that must be defended on 2 fronts.
  • Keep your trucks together mostly (unless you know how to split this map).

Now without taking up another 20 pages using this 1 post, I think it is needless to mention all the other 10+ missions where 95% of the waves are all single-waves.

So are we to justify Uther’s incorrect claims that global Shield Overcharge is somehow better because 5% of all missions waves give rise to using this on 2 fronts? So this is considered a “nerf” now??