Legacy game doesn't mean they should completely abandon game

coop commanders are locked at level 5.
arcade is being hacked but blizzard wont respond at all.

At least acknowledge this problem and tell people ‘we are working on it’.

sc2 is on fire but blizzard doesn’t seem to care at all.

i spent a lot of money on this game and I’m very disappointed

It’s not completely abandoned, sudo.

The level locked commanders has been fixed each time it popped up. The first Arcade attack was patched. The second isn’t known, but that does not explicitly mean nothing is being done.

As for any current Arcade crashing, I just just checked all three regions and didn’t have any crashes. So, if the problem was from an attack, it was handled faster than it ever had been previously.

All that is the furthest from “abandoned”.

As with any other retired video games, that people paid for or not, you should start preparing your coping mechanisms. As computers, APIs, drivers, OS, etc inevitably progress, SC2 too will funtion less and less and less.

2 Likes

They are not trying to fundamentally fix the problem.
patching/blocking specific issue is only a temporary response.

these bugs/exploits happen too frequently for blizzard to patch every time they find it
and we are having these problems almost 30% of the time.

I wasn’t speaking to any that. I was only replying to your ‘completely abandoned’ assertion.

But, since you’ve moved from SC2 being abandoned to it not being kept up the way you want it to be, the game has no development team and hasn’t for over three years because, as you know, it’s now a legacy game.

And like I mentioned, it might be helpful to start preparing for the inevitable fate of all retired video games.

I don’t know why you’re trying to poison the communities mind with your posts. It’s ridiculous that you’re advocating for a company who clear, obviously, doesn’t care about patching childish problems.

Queue blocking bots at high level 2v2
Arcade crashes
Map hack

Just to name a few. I really wish you would be part of the solution rather than trying to keep your MVP status, it’s disgusting.

It’s not about Bliz or advocating anything, Seal. It’s about a reality all gamers live in, regardless of the game or the studio.

Since you are the cause of your queue block issue, that’s a you problem, not Bliz’s, something you have been told by so many others ad nauseam. Not to mention, when you’re the only having such a huge problem with it, that also points to a you problem.

As I already spelled out above, Arcade crashing was from two separate exploits. The first was confirmed patched, the second not confirmed, however the attacks dropped off almost completely several weeks ago. So something appears to be done.

So try to keep your hyperbole and disparagements to a minimum, Seal. Especially when 1) you’re the cause of one of your own problems, and 2) you don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to patching.

And as a side note, my MVP status isn’t ‘kept’ by posting info about reality here or anywhere else. You’re actung too desprate to corner me somehow, yet, you didn’t actually have anything to corner me with. At least have you’re story straight when you try to go on the offensive.

4 Likes

Maybe the game isn’t ‘completely abandoned’ but it’s very close to that status. I agree with everything he said. Seemingly simple arcade hack taking forever for them to analyze and patch. Lots of cheating tools being used (map hack, lag hack, drop hack etc.) because, to my knowledge, anti-cheating protection hasn’t been updated in ages. Ladder infested with smurfs, bots, trolls almost unplayable.

People are watching what Blizzard (or whatever is left from Blizzard) is doing and we draw conclusions. SC2 is in the gutter. If it keeps going this way, you may start looking for another job because Blizzard will vanish from gaming industry.

I mean, what did you expect? How old is sc2 now? And what did sc2 do to starcraft’s reputation? Nothing good - and it’s mostly from IP mismanagement (no MTX on release, no social functionality, etc, etc) and letting people who shouldn’t be balancing, balance (looking at you DK, lol, you almost ruined sc2. Almost).

1 Like

Because it’s retired, abs. Publically announced. Development is over. Officially. And yet, some can’t seem to grasp that.

Is it because this is the first of the games they play to be retired, and they just aren’t familiar with the concept? Possibly, but I (and many others) have repeated this fact so many times that anyone who has read it here should understand it fairly well by now. But for some reason, some can’t, or perhaps just won’t.

The thing is, true end of development means nothing more will be done, at all, ever. That’s it. Just like how WC1, 2 and 3, D1 and 2, SC1, etc and the many games of many studios have ended.

People can’t seem to grasp that SC2, being out of development, could have been left as is and rightly so, just like those many games of many studios. Literally abandoned. However, some seem to be blind to the fact that Bliz has been sympathetic and kind enough to keep SC2 somewhat up as a gift. And despite that, some people still can’t stop themselves from finding fault in it.

Because they retire old games as they move on to other endeavors? Of course not, and I’m confident you are fully aware of that.

Why? Because they’ve been doing exactly that for decades and here they still are. Still industry juggernaut they have been, just like all the other industry juggernauts have done and still are.

No one is watching anything because Bliz isn’t doing anything except following the natural flow of the gaming industry. They aren’t going rogue with some unique, nefarious plan. People need to make sure they factor those realities into any conclusions.

1 Like

To be fair, I’m not so sure that after everything you can still call blizzard an industry juggernaut - at least not currently. Their working conditions and culture are awful, the games that they’ve released, while pretty, are mostly bland and fairly uninspiring cash-grabs or re-releases, or generally reneged on past promises… much like a lot of AAA companies these days, they’ve fallen off their pedestal and like those same AAA companies, they don’t look to be coming back any time soon, because they haven’t figured out what it was that actually made the games they used to make, good.

2 Likes

I just mean financially, which is how a corporation would be measured by wall street, analystis, the business world, etc, and Bliz themselves.

But yeah, as businesses get bigger and bigger they morph away from the in-touch, personable, mom and pop mindset to financial, self serving dictatorship.

But despite all that, customers still flock to happily line the pockets of those entities. And thereby make Bliz and the other major studios the financial giants they are.

2 Likes

I could almost tell that you are literally getting paid to write all this… seriously.

Blizzard used to be a GIANT gaming corporation. What is it now ? Not even a shadow of its glory. Just a subsidiary of Microsoft\Activision. From a company this big we have the right to expect proper support of a product even if it’s “development cycle came to an end”. I understand that nobody will take care of one video game forever but SC2 is still big, still lots of money on the line in premier tournaments and for a video game which is an icon of e-sport one demands CONSTANT support\patching and protection. This is an argument you cannot deny.

I can deny it. Here, I’ll do it for you right now. I deny that argument. You’re just being entitled.

3 Likes

Except, knowing what I know of the MVP program, blizzard doesn’t pay MVPs at all.

4 Likes

The amount of support that I think is reasonable is “someone watching” -

Keeping servers up, handling issue reports, and ropes in more staff on an as-needed basis to deal with ruinous bugs like the arcade problem.

The existence of that and some balance changes definitely seems like a reasonable level of support for something whose proper development ended closing in on 5 years ago.

While I agree I would like more, you definitely don’t have the right to expect more, and it’s also totally normal for smaller companies to shut down even the servers in this context.
That any fixes at all happen, that we don’t have to turn to fan-patches to continue playing with people online; definitely hits the expectation I’d have for a company.

2 Likes

I would say that Blizzard does not give SC2 enough attention not because of some silly “development cycle” but because majority of their best devs left the company :smiley: and for a reason. Blizzard is collapsing in front of our eyes. One of the greatest companies has been aquired by other companies plus their original founders like Mike Pierce and designers like Chris Metzen left long time ago. Blizzard today is nothing more than a bunch of EMPLOYEES who simply do their job and don’t care about game development and customer satisfaction. In the past Blizzard was made of people who were passionate about video games and who dedicated almost their entire life to make games good.

By who, abs? Paid to write about a reality that exists independently of Bliz? A reality that spans all business? Who could possibly be behind my words? Smh

Well, all that can be said to that is, that’s an unfortunate mindset. Everything I’ve presented are realities independent of individual beliefs.

Sorry, but that’s simply not the case. You get no say in such decisions, whether it be Bliz, Apple, Norton, Microsoft, etc. When a game is retired, it faces total abandonment regardless if one stomps their feet.

What’s worse, Bliz has agreed to not completely abandon it, again as a gift, something they don’t have to do, and yet there’s those types who toss that gift aside and cry about deserving everything that they want.

What Bliz is or was had no bearing on any of this, abs. Large, medium or small, any company can choose the directions they go in.

How big or liked it is isn’t mutually inclusive with revenue.

It’s absolutely and easily deniable. For-profit business exist to profit. Low rate of return can and often is supplanted by high rate of return, no matter how big or liked a product is.

That’s the reality of the world we live in. A reality that exists in business. And until you own enough share in Bliz, you’re subject to its whims. You don’t have to like it, but you don’t have a choice.

If only reality did paid those who promote it.

1 Like

And you’d be wrong. The dev teams left because they were out of a job. Patch 5.0 was to be the last content patch, then it was done.

Where feasible, some were offered internal reassignments, where they either accepted or laid off, all due to Team 1 no longer having a purpose.

As for the rest of that post, welcome to business. Again, you don’t haven to like it, but you have no choice.

1 Like

Well stop being SC fanboys and move on. I was and still have mostly war3 as much more fave with much greater moments than SC2 gave me, yet when SC2 came in 2010 and all moved to it, here it was , the new big, so I moved and never returned to war3. Now there are newer things than SC2