Leaks of one of the saddest things in Stracraft

SC:Ghost footage got out.

I would have bought this so much in 2010-2017 not gonna lie.

Whyyyyyy. Just why…

2 Likes

My understanding is that it got shafted by changing console generations as well as a general lack of direction on the team working on it. My hope is that they create a StarCraft Shooter once OW2 is released.

Isn’t it obvious? Blizzard used to have standard and this game just didn’t meet it.

2 Likes

Not really, they weren’t the primary devs.

They just didn’t give the actual devs proper directions and development tool so long that there was eventually a new generation of consoles.

No, I actually looked this up. Ghost got abandoned because it was being designed for a generation of consoles that would soon be obsolete, and there wasn’t really any effective way for them to port it to the next generation without starting over. Its not that the game wasn’t good enough or wouldn’t be good, its that they literally couldn’t make a product that would sell with what they had at that point.

2 Likes

I watched the above, as well as the 40 minute gameplay video.

I remember when Starcraft: Ghost was announced. I didn’t have a console at the time (the Super Nintendo Entertainment System was my last, and I was strictly PC gaming from '96 until '04), but I kept tabs on it because the overall concept was very cool. Stealth/action games were a big thing at the time too, and the whole concept had great potential.

I picked up an Xbox for other reasons in the Fall of '04, but by then the game had been in development hell for a while, but I still held out hope until it was indefinitely postponed.

The footage from the Xbox Alpha build looked good for what it was and for the time. With some more polish, I think it would have been a fine game and I absolutely would have picked up a copy.

I consider it done with. They gave a semi tribute with nova covert ops. I even have the book that says Starcraft Ghost on its spine.