Kerrigan / Raynor Ending

What bothers me is that the game thinks necessary to hold our hands and tell us she’s a good guy. Either let us draw our own conclusions without trying to sway us - and swaying clearly worked for some people - or at least hold our hands the way I want it. I mean the way it makes a tiny bit more sense.

3 Likes

Artanis is obviously a retcon, but aside from naming his rank a couple times and the oddity of Zeratul having to explain to him that Terrans helped defeat the Overmind when he was the one commanding that battle, it doesn’t really conflict with anything.

3 Likes

That’s impossible. He didn’t bring any supply with him. I distinctly remember he left his glass on the bar. Thus, his body would long digest any alcohol before he collapses.

@Emperor Probius, the ruler of Probe

I can’t remember exactly which line, but his relationship with Zeratul is so weird under this retcon. They suppose to fight together through the whole Episode III. Not some stranger who just met at the beginning of Episode IV.

Lore-wise, I don’t see how it’d be possible under any practical circumstances.

That is very simplified, Kerrigan is never treated as the good girl, she does not have a other deep relationship like Raynor who forgives her for her soft heart , previou story and he seen that it was not exactly the same past point, there is a difference between military invasion (Primal Kerrigan) and a genocide (queen of blades).

Yes, from our quite rational perspectives, provoking a war for a personal affront is crazy but even so Menelaus and Agamenon burning Troy for Helena’s kidnapping was justified enough for them and others.

the other other relationships of Kerrigan Horner and Valerian (who saw her with a xenobiological interest) that are even softer than Raynor, and both are distant but seem compressive with kerrigan since they know their tragedy, but for the rest of the people it is a monster, a target shot or an enigma zerg

1 Like

We played a different game then because I see Raynor crying over her at the end during the epilogue and not once does anybody point out her blatant crimes in HotS. They just easily agree to work with her as if HotS never happened. All the times that anyone is ever mad boils down to two scenarios:

1. It’s Kerrigan’s victims saying something before they get killed.
  2. People are holding a grudge for her actions from Brood War.

Kerrigan experiments on other protoss as a weapons test. She has to be begged by Valerian into saving civilians.

The queen of blades never crippled 10 other industrial planets when her target was one planet. Her “military invasion” in HotS was far more gratuitous and on par with genocide. At one point she’s straight up invading a city planet which really has nothing to do with Mengsk or Korhal.

See this thread:

http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?15826-HoTS-Kerrigan-is-Evil-and-Morally-Bankrupt
1 Like

Who, exactly, has the moral high ground to be talking about collateral damage during a war? Artanis and his people initiated first contact with the terrans by murdering a planet, and they followed up with 5 more before Tassadar got cold feet, and Selendis (and by implication Artanis) was fully prepared to do the same thing again on Haven. Raynor, meanwhile, is explicitly not objective towards her, and his own actions against Mengsk haven’t exactly been casualty free either.

3 Likes

Get some portraits folks. This is annoying.

1 Like

Nay, son. That’d be the forum. It be taking yer face on a moonless night as it emerges from the mist. I saw with me own eye, more monster than forum, crawling through the cyberspace.

3 Likes

Why didn’t Kerrigan just reclaim her brood on Kaldir and get out of town? Why did she have to basically wipe out a protoss research colony.

I can’t see how it would take longer to evacuate a small brood than it would to destroy the warp conduits. Just jump on the Leviathan and leave.

1 Like

Well that has been one of the hottest HotS topics since release.

Pun intended.

Kerrigan is worried about the Golden Armada chasing her to hell and back if they find out she’s at anything other than max strength. Even if she could theoretically take them in a fight (which I contest) it would leave her far too weak to achieve any of her actual goals.

She shoulda’ bailed once she found that Naktul was dead.

Same deal. The protoss are already on her at that point. Even if her desire to avoid fighting the protoss is greater than her desire to collect the brood, the protoss aren’t playing along with that.

Well in the (my opinion ridiculous) cannon order of Char - Zerus - Kaldir (Zaggara has freaking Hydrolisks / Primals steal Hydrolisk / but yet you can’t make Hydrolisks if you go Char-Zerus … end rant), she’s primal QoB at this point. So she’s at full on max power with Zaggara’s brood and Dehakas pack. Golden Armada chasing her doesn’t make sense, it be a bad fight for either side to take.

I guess her actions make little more sense if Kaldir is first (as it should be in my opinion). But can’t the Leviathan just warp some where and the Golden Armada won’t know where tell went.

Zagara and Naktul together make up about half the strength of the remaining Swarm. The other brood mothers are not as individually powerful, but there are a lot more of them, and Kerrigan’s Swarm grows in power over the course of HotS.

Kaldir would be the last one. We consider Niadra a reliable storyteller. She was a larva the only time she was close to Kerrigan. It is the equivalent of listening to a child talking about an idealized father figure. I think that for Niadra it does not occur to her that kerrigan was human

well, in fact the biggest contribution was from the queen who gave her a fleet of leviathans, if she had not this, been difficult to invade Korhal

killing the messenger has its logic, this scientific ship means that the protoss will be aware of kerrigan and will make it a priority instead of organizing a glorious home world recovery campaign

We really need that unique Roach strain right.

Kerrigan was also tired of running, and had made her decision to stand and fight.

Her taking on the Protoss here makes sense given her character-mindset at the time.

1 Like

Why couldn’t we have zerg campaigns where the zerg were a devouring swarm with higher evolution goals in mind? Being slaved to psychotic succubi is boring