Karax Nexus Build Speed with Chrono Wave?

You feel insulted because I called your BS out. Telling you that your argument is wrong is not an insult. Its my argument.

I have only 2 games played this week, but here … anyone will be better than what you think is possible:

146 APM, 750/320 kill count vs level 1000 Abathur.
ht tps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zs1l-Rdg2j8tFac77oMy-yTFaRj63rDm/view?usp=sharing
ht tps://drive.google.com/file/d/11Jq_pwnEUaOs00pWACqNzxqK8gpg0unX/view?usp=sharing

Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why you find 150 APM so unbelievable… maybe its because you have no idea what actually constitutes amazingly good play.

Caus that aint 150 apm, fella… 150 IS NOTHING. You calling me out for claiming that is ridiculous! Thats not high. Its not even mediocre. That’s like calling someone out for claiming to have done 30 pushups.

Imagine how my play would look against someone with Reynors apm… like a trash noob. And so would yours. That is why you are wrong. That’s why Karax sux. And thats also why Karax Nexus speed build bug was a good thing.

Cause his performance cant grow to levels where other commanders can grow to. And that small bit of early nexus build speedup was just a tiny bit of help for a subpar commander.

THIS ! This is what gets me angry. This is BS !

I never said it was unbelievable, just that I didn’t think that was your genuine apm. And from all the spam clicking in the replay I can see it’s faked because you feel the need to elevate it. I would rate you gameplay as average, though I’m sure you’ll come back with how amazing you are.

I literally posted links above but you just ignore anything that doesn’t agree with your delusions.

Nova getting more kills this week than an Abathur player who gets no detectors, doesn’t use nests properly, etc. Wow, that’s hard to do. /s

Agreed here. Hence why I’ll believe what those I linked above say rather than you. They are the ones who can solo this week on the more tricky commanders while you can’t even solo with Nova. But rather than actually learn from people better than you, you’ll just call their advice BS.

Try soloing this brutation with every commander, post the replays, and then you’ll have evidence. The truth is you can’t and will therefore never prove you point.

what exactly is this replay supposed to show?
that nova can be good this week? did anyone doubt that?

So the 2m where I still have no unit, is the reason i got to 150 apm ON AVERAGE over a 25 minute game? Is that what you saying?

That is called warmup. You know, like you do in pretty much every sport.

You’re making silly excuses, cause you can’t admit your BS.

Ahahahaha… Can you find more excuses? Coop is full of bronze league heroes… that’s no surprise. Doesn’t change the fact that I carried the game, did both bonuses, cleared the path to next objective, etc.

Fine, here is one without any warmup, and without hero unit with detection:
ht tps://drive.google.com/file/d/1BGMzhwMth5__bpiBdhGwbhvuMj5oo_qo/view?usp=sharing

You mean CtG? I know the dude… is that your SC hero?

I have seen couple of his vids years ago and decided his play was not good. He is not even on my level of play, let alone pro level micro. Screw that, today he ain’t as good as I was 5 years ago… his Swann play is just bad… his tank drop micro doesn’t even exist… he doesn’t know how to do it. He has vessels and never uses defensive matrix.

His Alarak/Ascendant play is much worse than mine. He can’t micro both at the same time. He gets like 80 APM playing kerrigan… KERRIGAN! You should get >100 if you play only Kerrigan and no other unit. Playing only kerrigan @100 apm is not even hard… its noob style.

Maybe you should stop admiring average players on youtube as the pinnacle of SC skill… cause they aren’t.

You apparently know nothing of YT since LilArrin, TwoTuu, loads of other co-op players, along with Harstem, Reynor, uThermal, Scarlett, etc. have all appeared on YT. But I suppose to you these people I’ve watched are average players. That’s some serious ego there.

Your hubris apparently knows no limits. You’ve not shown a single example of any co-op solo and you think you can criticize who can solo.

Yes, pick an easy one where you need the help of an ally to complete the mission rather than doing a solo with one that would actually demonstrate skill.
https://starcraft2coop.com/tools/replayanalyzer?id=f4a0d

More excuses.

How about you provide some replays now so we see your skill?

Should be faster, do you have masteries invested for immediate calldown?

You’re contradicting those who have provided many replays. Where are yours to prove your side?

Yes.

• Immediate bunker calldown at expo rocks, 2-5s lost in screen move and calldown delay.
  • One labourer at main (since they won’t clear rocks before 400 minerals)
  • Convert to labourers and start expo when rocks down.

Troopers do 6.98dps, rocks have 2000 life, therefore fastest clear time with 6 troopers is 47.76s. Is there something you’re doing to be quicker? Is it really worth the minerals loss to send over the extra trooper?

Not sending over additional troopers, it’s detrimental.

You get an immediate calldown bunker and after the rocks are cleared you multi build immediately. It’s around 60 second total time.

Test it or don’t I really don’t care either way.

Yes, pulling workers certainly would mean an earlier expansion. But that’s going to hurt the timing of your first IW and probably completion time. So it seems suboptimal.

So far the speedruns I’ve seen all do a non-worker-pull expand like these:

In general pulling workers rarely works, only case where it might make sense is for vorazun or nova who have automated refineries and may actually need upgrades or units that are super gas heavy
Either way you aren’t attacking main expansion rocks, only the geyser rocks
Of course I’ve seen vorazun players send all the extra workers after the 14th (2/3 saturation) almost immediately but i doubt it’s really worth it

That’s what I thought, but I’m open to being convinced otherwise. Perhaps @DankTemplar has a new strategy that works really well.

To use workers for the expansion there are 2 ways it can be reasonable imho: 1) either you are able to spawn too many workers too fast (zagara)
2) the expansion confers other macro benefit that exceeds/adds to mereworker production (generally zerg, or zeratul that builds and mines gas for free)
Realistically no one really benefits unless they need the gas ultra fast or production as well. Terrans all need early gas tying down more workers, protoss need gateway into core asap (unless artanis p3 fast expand then structures) and most zergs (outside of kerrigan) have enough larva while kerrigan needs gas and has slow larva production and best expands after kerrigan spawns if contested or with an early pool into queen and a few lings on rocks.
Mengsk is an exception because he spawns workers for free that can deal higher dps and can multibuild

I am not stalking you - you are not that interesting.

And I have posted replays… but you dismissed them as „spam apm“ while I still had no units, and the other one as easy commander.

From my point ov view I have proven my side. When asked for the same, you provide NOTHING. If you have replays online, you can still post a link… as I said - I am not watching whatever you do.

It was not a bug, it was working as designed. Karax is so damn slow when compared to later commanders. And P2 (no cannons) would be amazing if the carriers and other units warped in as fast as warp gates can do.

I despise that the answer to everything is “Go to Discord”, even Arcade patch notes.

1 Like

Do you have an official source for this because the only sources I’ve seen say the opposite.

I don’t think either side here has “official sources” on this topic. But it was built in for a long while, and if the Co-Op Team didn’t fix it before they left, was it really a bug?

One general benchmark I would suggest is if the Commander or Prestige is relatively less used, it should get minor buffs like this one. It also adds a nice synergy with other Protoss commanders.

Last I looked, outside of mutations, Karax is underselected by players. So a little buff to make him more a more attractive choice can only increase the variety of commanders we all play with.

That’s a reasonable feeling, I guess I agree with it.

1 Like