Karax Forsakes Air?

I remember posting a thread about how to handle early air composition as Karax.

Now I realize maybe I can skip it all together, just rain CD from above and Immortal’s cannons, and control all the flagships. I don’t suppose people have done that even against heavy air?

Tried that once but it’s too tedious for me. I’d rather have carrier-immortal-energizer, just a-move, and aim the shadow cannons and orbital strikes against capital ships.

If you’re P3 and not have any accelerators, then Immortals are definitely better than the “let me sleep 2 more minutes mom” carriers.
Alongside energizers to boost them against ground, and “get friends” against Terran and Protoss, it should be more effective.
Of course priority is to get best energy recharge for calldowns.

For P1 I may go full energizers, because I just put turrets in all the right places, and energizers buff them, or find friends to fight their battles, and sometimes battle themselves (though that’s not the most efficient). Oh yes, there’s supposed to be an ally too if you’re lucky lol.

For P0 and P2, I don’t know.

Throughout, I’ll lure air to my tower line. That, combined with SoA lasers, usually does the trick. Else, Immortals with Shadow Cannons + ENergizers is a fave.

If going against air with Light tag (e.g. Banshees, Mutas, Phoenix), Mirages are nice to supplement SoA lasers there (esp. since OS only does bonus damage vs. Armored)

Use all the minerals on cannons instead of Zealots line? I tend to bring a few as meat shield against bases.

I guess it depends on the air units.
I would make Mirages against light air units. Shadow Cannon against anything else. SoA as needed.
Also mission dependant.

for waves, they tend to clump together so laser and few pew pews erase them. for other enemy Airs at their bases (terran, protoss) I use reclamation or use orbital strikes/shadow cannons if energizer doesn’t have enough energy (usually it doesn’t happen). Even if you don’t have reclamation ability, there isn’t many air units at enemy bases.