"just die" mutation bug

Has anyone noticed the just die mutation bug? I m trying to understand when it is happening.

Some units sometimes have a single life, they die immediately after the spawn of the second life.

You gonna need to provide a little more details there.

What instance have you noticed the unit only has “one” life. What map is it? How often are you seeing this? Do you have a replay?

From my experience, this hasn’t happened yet. So it’s hard to discuss further details.

I like to solo but playing both commanders. So i see it rarely while soloing.

It’s hard to notice v.s army battles with many small units but it happens.

I uploaded the replay here:

www sendspace com file t555av

Watch the last train battle at the end of the game. I was pretty sure I was going to lose this. Just die at the beginning of the battle is at least 2 mutations away to be swapped with another mutation. The train spawns for the second life and then immediately is destroyed.

This only happens to trains, we haven’t seen it happening with other units ever.

I haven’t got a chance to get on the game to look at your replay yet. However, based on the description, it does happen to trains as Anc said. That part of the bug is at least known.

Admittedly, it’s been awhile since I’ve come across (or double checked it for anyone). I believe it is only because it is an objective tied to OE that this occurs. Of course, that’s just my speculation.

I noticed this also in my game, like Ancalagon said happens to trains. 2nd life spawned and destroyed immediately.

Maybe it’s because the components are connected, so when one die, it kill the others…internally the train always get a negative amount of lives lol.

Oh now that I remember it can also happens to protoss units if you kill them the moment they start warping in, only abathur toxic nests can do this cause abathur is balanced.

Also it doesn’t always happens to trains, it’s about half the time and I don’t know what triggers it.

My guess is the timing being between damage redistribution. The interval was changed if I recall during a patch way way back to a shorter frame. And it helped to prevent “train ignoring damage taken at different segment”. With shorter refresh frames, less damage discrepancies between each cart, thus less damage taken but ignored.

My bet is it’s got to do with how the damage refresh mechanism from cart to cart recalculated back to the train as a whole.

Now that I’m thinking about OE trains, I wonder if the same mechanism is the culprit for the P2 Vorazun cheese.