It's time now....(Infestor)

for the Infestor to get their Fungal Growth ability back to get casted while burrowed again. Why you might ask? Well, there are a lot of reasons.

• No infested terrans anymore
  • Neural Parasite is low range now and they get outranged but most lategame t3 units
  • Infestor upgrades must be researched (Pathogen Glance, Neural, alongside with Burrow) which result in 400/400 investment without creating a single infestor at that time. Extremely expensive for such a niche unit
  • That is the reason why we do not see Infestors that often as they are so expensive and too weak and often just not useful
  • all units --> how the AI works --> attack priority on the Infestor is the highest --> so it often just dies without being able to cast spells and do anything
  • Burrow Fungal would give it more protection while burrowed as it still has no own attack (infested terrans removed)
  • Burrowed Fungal casts would open up for new interesting plays now for Terran and Protoss race and it would be nice to see how they would actually deal with it so that they need to create new strategies to deal with this
  • In the past Zerg always was forced until todays metagame to hold off enourmous all-ins timing attacks from protoss and terran. (glaive adept pressure, bc harass, mass hellion yolo etc). Zerg can not do this. So updating this ability would now be the perfekt time to change this up a bit.
  • would create more useage of Infestors in ZvZ

Discuss.

3 Likes

Nope, if anything it should have to unburrow to cast neural parasite instead.

Very intelligent post from your side. Explanations Mr. Terran whine? Don’t want to learn to deal with it right?

I’m a random player. Infestor received heavy nerfs because it was the centerpiece of compositions without answers. Zerg has been dominant for a long time and has finally been brought into a more balanced position. Zerg in general, and especially the unit in question, does not need buffs. Way to go calling me a whiner in your own whine thread though, congratulations.

I want to discuss this in depth because I think its a good idea. You on the other hand just write “zerg does not need it because of the past”. We are not in the past anymore we are in the present. And meta shifts are considered normal. That’s why I believe it can come back. I also believe it will not have that huge of an impact because of the high investment for infestor and upgrades which will leave you very low with your main army when going rushing this composition

1 Like

I would have to say no to this one. Infestors definitely need a buff (Personally I want infested terrans back, but objectively speaking probably remove the energy research is better). There are alot of other ways to buff infestors but an invisible fungal on your entire army doesn’t feel like a fun way to lose.

thats a fair buff

they just nerfed viper anyways

1 Like

I think we should add infested terrans back into the game, they were fun to play.

1 Like

I do miss the burrowed Fungal Growth a lot … i did love that spellcaster … but since i can use only unborrowed it’s so bad that i don’t use anymore. :frowning:

RiP my lovely Investor Fungal … :sparkling_heart: i did love you so much… :wink: