Is the Oracle bugged?

I thought it was just me but I was watching Serral vs Korea NW and PiG mentions that after the patch “fixing” beam weapons that Oracles will bug out and start attacking queens or spores. This happened to me twice in games I shift clicked drones and then randomly the oracle started going after the queen. Just want to confirm if I somehow misclicked or if this is the oracle bugging out.

Look as long as theyre not shooting scvs i vote keep em like this

If it aint broke dont fix it

3 Likes

No it’s a bug but it can also be lag / bad controls (if you don’t use shift correctly).
I saw the video, too, and it effects balance in favor of zerg imo.
You can try and hold position out of range of queen or spore but if there’s a queen in position, I wouldn’t bother wasting time on killing drones but scout tech instead.
You already to damage by zerg building spores and queens so if you mess up your macro, you can’t get a lead.

For pros the problem is that oracles have a slow acceleration so if you hold position or stop it, it will slow down a lot and thus take a lot of damage instead and thus you have less time to kill drones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFSrRFbVFrA

https://twitter.com/SKillousSC2/status/1199745125397778432

Here you go.
Needs to be fixed!

Was fixed with the most recent patch (yesterday) glad it’s no longer acting like it’s braindead

4 Likes

It’s very broken. It’s the same for voidrays and sentries to, but it’s just not as obvious. The misclicking did play a factor before oracles were ruined, but if you misclick now your oracle will immediately spin towards a queen/spore/attacking unit and try its best to zap it rather than a worker or other nearest enemy thing (like a structure). It’s something that everyone’s complaining about but not actually voicing/demanding it to be changed back. Even at the top level I see people misfiring and it costs them so much for that. You have to invest all your attention into zapping workers now or else your oracle will 100% die in the dumbest way possible. I can’t believe no one’s talking about a way to fix this immediately.