Is it true the Cyber Criminal was arrested for Cyber Crimes?

I imagine destroy a company’s product and rendering tens of thousands of their customer’s computer inoperable carries a hefty sentence, no?

Actions have consequences! He wasn’t ``trolling the arcade" he was engaging mass disruption of a franchise, which is also legally related to corporate espionage (because, for all we know, he could have been hired by a rival corporation to seek a security flaw and shut the game down!).

I haven’t heard anything about this, so I assume it’s not true, no.

1 Like

I saw a lobby name suggesting High Voltage got arrested, but i dont see any proof that its true

3 Likes

Let’s hope it is. I’m sick of these people doing this in all online games, thinking they can get away it as “trolls.” This is the digital age which competes with brick and mortar. Time to apply the laws laws to destructive and thieving criminals inside of a store to those online,.

Probably never will unless you monitor public records for keywords like “blizzard” and “arcade” and relevant legal statutes. Even then there are litany of reasons for why it might not show up or otherwise be impossible to find. If the arcade works then I’d just take it for granted that the problem is gone.

The lobby name gave a name and a state, but its prob just internet noise. Im not naming either in case its wrong

1 Like