Is it possible to install Starcraft on external ssd drive on MacBook?

Hi guys,
I really need some help, it’s been a couple of days now that I’ve been trying to install the game on my external hdd drive on MacBook (since it is a laptop I cannot upgrade the internal drive), I have the battle.net client on the internal drive, and when I try to play Starcraft (I tried playing it when it was playable, optimal, and I have even waited everything to download), and I keep getting the same message: (error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 ) " Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​" Maybe someone has some ideas, I would reallyyyy appreciate it as I’d love to play this game.

Hey, archi14!

Installing to an external hard drive is technically not supported. The reason we do not support these types of installations is that external hard drives can cause all sorts of odd problems. Performance loss, permission issues, wrong file format, and so on. While it may be possible to get the game running on an external hard drive, it will require some steps that Blizzard cannot directly provide support for.

i have been running starcraft 2 on external harddrives multiple times. there is one thing you need to be aware of however and that is that if you unplug the drive while the game is registered there, it causes some issues. just do not unplug the harddrive and it should not cause any issues. on the other hand: there could be ways to upgrade the internal harddrive. you just need to transfer everything to the new drive. laptop harddrives comes in sizes up to 4 gigabytes now i believe.