Is it ok to swap Sky Fury's rank 2 and rank 3 upgrades

I mean, both rank 2 (Tactical Realignment) and rank 3 (Phoenix Protocol) features micro-interactions anyway… why not swap them so that the unit can gain more sustainability much earlier.

And yes, I know and use laborers to repair them.

To be honest, when I produce Sky Furies, neither of those abilities are ever even used. The enemy just dies too fast to even get major damage off on them.

While the abilities in theory are nice, the Sky Furies themselves are just… Not that great in terms of what they bring to the table. Tactical Realignment and Phoenix Protocol are basically moot if the Mengsk is played in the right hands, and the additional movement speed on the Sky Furies is a waste of money to research.

It seems having better offensive can go towards their survivability as well.

For your reference…
4,000 XP
Tactical Realignment: After transforming, this unit gains 50% increased attack damage for 5 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds.

8,800 XP
Evasive Maneuvers: This unit has a 50% chance to evade attacks.

Phoenix Protocol: When this unit takes fatal damage, the Sky Fury transforms to Fighter mode and temporarily gains a barrier that absorbs 400 damage for 15 seconds. Can only occur once every 90 seconds.

…versus Artanis’ Shield Overcharge - Allows friendly units and structures to absorb up to 200 damage. Lasts for 20 seconds. 50 SoA energy. Cooldown: 180 secs.

Double the damage absorption, 15 secs vs 20 secs duration, cooldown 90 secs vs 180 secs. No additional energy vs 50 SoA. And occurs passively per-unit death rather than army-wide?

Is mass Sky Furies a thing? If not, it should be. Passively replicates one of Artanis’ top bars, and exceeds its features, without any of the energy overhead, just XP from kills.

I’ve done a dozen Sky Furies before, with support from LaTr and others (Aegis Guard, Tanks). It’s fun if nothing else due to their sheer mobility.