Is it just me of Raynor's BC is pretty bad?

teleport lets you speed up the map, approach objectives from the less-defended rear or clear objectives in a particular order (like on scythe of amon).

1 Like

They know what they volunteered for!

8 Likes

BCs are okay units if you do have a good build order on P3, you get them earlier than standard and late-game you abuse calldowns.

Standard or P2 I prefer bioball with bc support for yamato or just tank air units. Banshees are better for dps, vikings vs air comps and bcs vs ground or counter spellcasters.

2 Likes

It took me a lot of Raynor’s games to realize that BC is a terrible and slow unit. By the time you massed them, the game is pretty much over.

Also, the prowess of BC is a joke where decent composition from the Amon can easily wiped out your BC if you are not careful.

1 Like

Before prestige, People usually go BCs because they are tanky. Their attack speed are fast but at critical mass bio dps >> BCs dps in my opinion.

They are fun to play, press F2 and Yamato everything.

1 Like

Yes… volunteered. … I’m sure the volunteer indoctrination er, educational video talked much about the pay and patriotic duty.

“My Raiders, right or wrong.”

5 Likes

Mass BCs always requires proper build order to “not feel bad”. I mean P3 is more than just BCs too. You can always go full bio just fine. I’ve tested this out several times now. Needless to say, any mix build is available between full-bio to mass BC.

Whats wrong with you, that 20 700hp BC with yamatos,TJ,afterburners and ability to shoot on the move is not enough for you? They also have 7 range.I had a lot of fun and success with his P3.
Don’t get me wrong, I would not do a speedrun with them, but generally they are very good, and kill stuff fast.

Mass BC’s just aren’t as good as bio tbh

1 Like

If it weren’t for the bonuses that Raynor has, then BCs would be in a more favourable position. Thing is, Raynor’s just got so many underappreciated abilities that stack up to make his Bio so absurd.

Between 1/2 build time, orbital drop, the mineral cheat code, Raynor stim, and hp buffs; while his BCs benefit from the last one more than Bio, they don’t really benefit from the rest nearly as much if at all. So the main advantage of BCs (bulk) just applies far less than it normally would, and their dps doesn’t touch on the level his Bio gets to.

Hawk never said they were bad, just not on the level of Bio.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, why is no one talking about his Banshees which do damage in a line with the upgrade, or the high-range AoE missiles from upgraded Vikings for P3?

Is his P3 just about massing BCs? I do hope a versatile air fleet is good as well. I am aware though, Banshees and Vikings do not have Tactical Jump and would be left behind.

Going through P2 currently, my goal is Raynor P3 though. The whole reason I’m prestiging Jimmy is P3. Although I recently started to really like his P1… especially the tanky Firebats are awesome.

2 Likes

Banshees are great, more people need to use them, though they’re very weak to splash.

P3 is good for going Banshee/Viking as well, I’m personally trying to do it more, but it takes much more skill beyond “cheat minerals, crank out BCs,” so it’s just not as good for the most part.

P2 though, P2 makes Banshees shine as a support unit.

Just under appreciated as usual.

Look at how many are saying mass BC doesn’t work well. Mass air as Raynor is harder to use compare to BCs, as they are far more fragile and vulnerable to AoE. I hate to see how that’d go if tried in the same capacity here lol.

The fact is that mass BC works just fine even on P0. P3 is like a stimpack for mass air, especially with them crazy short calldowns. What’s more is that you can run mass bio super effectively due to tech barrier removal on OC.

2 Likes

Ah, that would be a problem. Goliaths, dragoons, and scourge all are something you don’t want to be making BCs against.

Mass BC for Raynor isn’t bad, but you need to be against an enemy comp that doesn’t hard counter you, you need solid macro, and you need to be effectively using their spells. Which yes, does sometimes mean doing BC blink micro.

2 Likes

But… what level is that?

Nah, banshee/vikings totally viable, most of the time you can even go for mass vikings with some medics. Even when I want to do BC, I open with some banshees still for some early game if I see that my ally is…struggling.

Eh, they are not a problem at all for them. Teleport on top of them, done. Scourges you can just even kite funnily enough :slight_smile:

This thread makes me think on how some commanders are just more taxing than others to play and without a good payoff.

Maybe that’s why I seem to get more leavers as Raynor.

Hard to quantify these things, but what can be quantified has a BC at max performance worth only 3 Marines worth of DPS. Obviously, clumping is an issue for Marines, but it’s not that hard to micro them to improve it to the point where at least half your Marines are firing, meaning BCs don’t hit things any harder outside Yamato.

They still naturally take more hits to go down, but due to clumping up they’re still vulnerable to aoe. As well, while they’re harder to take down, for the reasons I’ve mentioned earlier in the thread they won’t be all that much better for attrition over Marines.

TLDR: Raynor’s Marines got some of the best killing power in the game, his other units will naturally look worse in comparison, though still good in their own right.

They’re better dps wise, but vulnerable to splash, I prefer viking banshee being covered with bioball so medics heal them.

On P3 they do excelent until spellcasters starts their shenanigans, and it takes a while to heal back up with MULEs so BCs are more practical on P3. Although now that you mentioned, I never mixed up BC comp with vikings or banshess vs enemy comp, their upgrades doesn’t really eat that much gas with mastery.

Since we are talking about DPS I would like to bring up DPS of BCs prestige vs pretige. I think this is the right thread to talk about this.

I would say P3 BCs gets the most dps vs all the other prestige. Hyperion has an AOE buff which increase attack by 2 around friendly units.

I used think P2 BC dps were the best but BCs attack speed are already close to cap. Any improvement in attack speed would not make a significant difference. However, if Hyperion where to be called down often (p3), his units would benefit it more frequently. That +2 attack buff would benefit more than attack speed of P2.

So in conclusion I would say, BC DPS for Raynor prestige versus prestige would be the following:

P3 > P2 > P1 = P0

Agree ? or disagree?

I think it would make sense to say per time frame. P3 will win at every frame except at max, by then technically by a small margin (as you mentioned due to cap) P2 wins out. This is insignificant because by max supply, nothing is worth noting for that small difference.

P0 is better than P1 when it comes to BC DPS, and I say this again with time frame in mind. The lack of MULEs hinder Raynor hard on every front. While P0 BC opens with 2 OC, those are still far more effective than 0 OC of P1 (for MULE use). This means P0 is literally the worst.

New equation: P3 > P2 > P0 > P1

As a tag on, before the outcry comes out from some. We are discussion BC DPS and not bio. Although y’all know exactly where I stand on that issue.