Intelligent cannon rush counter?

I recently played a game vs a protoss player and I knew to look for the rush. I scouted it as he placed the first pylon killed that pylon and then proceeded to kill the probe. That cost me 5 workers worth of mining for the entire duration. Especially because he cancelled some of the buildings gaining resources back. Then he proceeded to try it again and put down three pylons at once blocking each other off so that I could not physically kill all three of them fast enough even with my whole mineral line. He would cancel when one got low refund resources and then try again. I couldnt kill the probe before it started building each time. My question is how do you stop something like this? It seems signifigantly easier for the cannon rush to cause you a disadvantage using fewer of their resources than it cost you to stop it. Am i misunderstanding a fundemental part of the game? It just seems easy for three probes at most to ruin my day as just one functional cannon makes their position unassailable and I have to devote signifigantly more minerals than they do to stop it. This is not a normal cannon rush that tries and fails. This is a persistent attempt to rush my main base cancelling for resource refund and then doing it again in another spot if it does not work. I feel like any attempt to stop the cannon rush hurts more than it hurts the protoss player to do the cannon rush

Can you please upload a replay to drop . sc or something like this?
There are different ways of cannon rushing (with or without robo/stargate/shield batteries) you can either pull probes or maybe a spine or get a few ravagers and queens…

TL;DR: You have to know the best cannon spots around pylons and per map and you block them before the pylon has finnished (like you pull 4 workers: 2 for the enemy probe and 2 to block the best cannon locations.

u did good on the first pylon but once it reaches that critical mass number where drones are not a viable option to cancel it (bc the pylon/cannon will be built in time and start killing drones) just transition to roach/ravager/spine crawler

against cannon rush a 1:30 roach warren is ur best friend

1 Like

look teamliquid dot com - forum - strategy - simple questions, this was just asked recently and got some good answers including a Video GUIDE (for exactly that matter).