I tried updating SC2, which resulted in " We couldn’t access a folder. This is usually because you’re not logged in as an administrator." error.
I uninstalled the game, reinstalled battle.net and when trying to reinstall SC2, I still get the “We couldn’t access a folder.” error. Interesting thing is that installing other games works w/o issue e.g Heartstone and SC1.
I tried other things from the support page as well:
- running as administrator (does not seem to make a difference)
- scanned the drive (was ok)
- deleted the battle.net tools folder
- restarted between battle.net reinstalls
- changing the region did not seem to affect anything
- not sure if it was wise, but one more thing I tried was uninstalling battle.net, deleting all stuff in regedit that matched “starcraft” and reinstalled battle.net, did not help.
- tried to install outside of Program Files (did not help)
I don’t use onedrive (disabling it did help someone else in the forum)
Disabled Windows defender (did not help)
Did not try to create another account yet.
Sometimes instead of the error the install popup just hanged and does nothing.
Is there anything else I could try?